Tote Goat 780...the parts search begins

The seat is easy to make, I can send dimensions;
The tank will be a challenge, they are hard to find and expensive. A 6 quart Briggs tank can work as temporary substitute;
The brake caliper is the same on all Tote Gote Nova models, but will still be hard to find. I have dimensional drawings of all the caliper parts.
It is possible to use a Comet 20 clutch with Comet 200836 spacers to fit the wider belt. The original Climbaway clutch is hard to find and expensive.
The original belt is a Jason 1522V270, 15/16" wide X 27" long.
It appears you don't have the original 7hp Briggs motor. What size is your motor shaft?

The tank will be a challenge, they are hard to find and expensive. A 6 quart Briggs tank can work as temporary substitute;
The brake caliper is the same on all Tote Gote Nova models, but will still be hard to find. I have dimensional drawings of all the caliper parts.
It is possible to use a Comet 20 clutch with Comet 200836 spacers to fit the wider belt. The original Climbaway clutch is hard to find and expensive.
It appears you don't have the original 7hp Briggs motor. What size is your motor shaft?
Good info, I did order the Tote Goat book...will look for a 7hp Briggs...

GustoGuy

Have the worm gear...missing brake caliper, original clutch...but see some are using a comet clutch View attachment 276693

Amazing that Tote Goat used a worm gear drive shaft instead of a chain like most minibikes and even motorcycles. What kind of lubricant is used inside the worm gear? Lots of interesting bikes here on the forum. Are you going to restore the bike?

Check your motor shaft. You don't want a shaft that spaces the clutch 1" away from the motor like in this photo. The right shaft will be 2 3/4" - 2 15/16" long, 1" diameter. Tapped for a fine thread bolt. Keyway
Step shaft.jpg

Last edited:
The comet 200836 spacer only will work on a 3/4" clutch. You will need to find a spacer for a 1" shaft...