Tote Goat Twist Throttle Ideas

Fellow Tote Goaters and others,

I'm looking for a solution to replace the stock twist throttle on a Tote Goat. I thought it would be a simple project, but what I'm running into is that the handlebar is 3/4 inch and NO ONE seems to offer a twist throttle replacement kit in anything smaller than 7/8 inch.

Has anyone been challenged with this and come up with an idea or solution?

Lots of choices on Ebay for 7/8 inch twist throttle kits, just don't know how to make it work on the 3/4 inch bar......

thanks

Good chance other owners will help out but if it were me, I'd want to open-up choices for a throttle to 7/8. 3/4ID, 7/8OD tubing can be had in a few different materials. That epoxied into place will give you the foundation for any 7/8 throttle you wish. I'd probably select something that can be easily removed later, such as polycarbonate or lexan, rather than copper.

Good chance other owners will help out but if it were me, I'd want to open-up choices for a throttle to 7/8. 3/4ID, 7/8OD tubing can be had in a few different materials. That epoxied into place will give you the foundation for any 7/8 throttle you wish. I'd probably select something that can be easily removed later, such as polycarbonate or lexan, rather than copper.
I like this idea

Drink a can of beer, then cut the can and wrap around the bar for a shim. Redneck engineering, but will get you by!
This idea, not so much. Eric is a great builder, but must have gotten into the Coors Light a bit early today. :laugh:

CarPlayLB

This idea, not so much. Eric is a great builder, but must have gotten into the Coors Light a bit early today.

Thanks Pat...but my stuff "good from far, but far from good!"

Jeff, unless you are able to procure the original, or fabricated gote throttle assembly, you might as well consider making a permanent change to the bar with the 7/8.

Richard Trotter Photos. He is a member here and may be able to help you locate a throttle, if this is the one you require.

Throttle0.jpg

Throttle1.jpg

ditz

Actually the beer can ideer is not a bad one. The price is right and it will work just fine and it is not permanent so if you run across what you need it will be an EZ change. If the al. shim stays for years nobody but you will know the diff.

ditz

Just my opinion but I just hate those thumb throttles. The snowmobile crowd seems to like them but twist grip is much better for me.