Tote Gote 404 barn find.

One thing to keep in mind with this bike is the torque converter jackshaft is mounted quite high rather than level with the crankshaft. Make sure whatever engine you choose doesn't have anything hanging out beyond the case from the top of the engine. I know a predator 212 will need a replacement exhaust, as the stock one sticks out beyond the top side of the engine where the torque converter belt would need to run. I found this out the hard way on my Tote Gote.

GustoGuy

One thing to keep in mind with this bike is the torque converter jackshaft is mounted quite high rather than level with the crankshaft. Make sure whatever engine you choose doesn't have anything hanging out beyond the case from the top of the engine. I know a predator 212 will need a replacement exhaust, as the stock one sticks out beyond the top side of the engine where the torque converter belt would need to run. I found this out the hard way on my Tote Gote.
I bought an exhaust system from Robertson torque tubes in South Dakota, and he makes them for Predator 212cc on re-powered minibikes. I am restoring a Resto-mod Rupp Roadster 2 with a Predator 212cc. You should check out his website

Fourtogo

The original motor would have been a Briggs 4hp model 100202 ( hard to find). A good, easy to find replacement: Briggs 5hp model 130202. Good clutch replacement: Comet series 20 ( use a Comet 200836A spacer so it will fit the Comet 203790 7/8" wide belt). This Clutch and spacer work with a 3/4" motor shaft. View attachment 245568
My buddies TG at Joes . This was he’s uncles work machine

Attachments

Well I’ve started the resemblance this point. Issues with this motor are exhaust needs redirected, air cleaner cover needs modified, and a return spring added to the throttle. Other than those things, I think we are looking pretty good. I may relocate the electric start switch box to under mount the fuel tank.

issues going forward are:
Exhaust pipe fabrication
Brake band (old style vs new style)
Mounting bracket for battery
Fuel tank selection and mounting.
A692E582-28F2-4F22-ADE4-3807AA2F28D8.jpeg

Did a little more work on it this afternoon. Relocated the electric start so I can move the fuel tank under the top frame. I need to make 3 mounting brackets, (fuel tank, battery, and ignition key housing)) change out the throttle return spring to a heavier spring, and locate an exhaust header pipe that will clear the belt.

Did a little more work on it this afternoon. Relocated the electric start so I can move the fuel tank under the top frame. I need to make 3 mounting brackets, (fuel tank, battery, and ignition key housing)) change out the throttle return spring to a heavier spring, and locate an exhaust header pipe that will clear the belt.