Tote Gote 404 barn find.

Anyone familiar with Tifan brand motors? My wife, who tells me once this is done, it’s hers, would like electric start. The 6.5hp Tiffany motor is equity with a keyed start.

GustoGuy

Anyone familiar with Tifan brand motors? My wife, who tells me once this is done, it’s hers, would like electric start. The 6.5hp Tiffany motor is equity with a keyed start.
Never heard of Tifan. I heard of Lifan engines however. Either way the Honda clones in general tend to be very easy to pull start when compared to older flathead engines. I have a H50 Tecumseh and the Predator 212cc are much better starting and easier to tune than the old Tecumseh and I am pretty good with engines. Electric start is nice I love it on my Snowmobile. On most engines with electric start if the engine contains a generator or lightning coil to charge the battery.

Never heard of Tifan. I heard of Lifan engines however. Either way the Honda clones in general tend to be very easy to pull start when compared to older flathead engines. I have a H50 Tecumseh and the Predator 212cc are much better starting and easier to tune than the old Tecumseh and I am pretty good with engines. Electric start is nice I love it on my Snowmobile. On most engines with electric start if the engine contains a generator or lightning coil to charge the battery.