Tote Gote 404 clutch help

I was able to get the new to me 404 up and running and checked out a couple of other posts about a new belt. I went with the 203790 belt and it seems to be correct. I saw in another post that it should not idle without wanting to creep so I think I have to put a little more tension on the belt. I assume I just kill the motor if I want a complete stop? My problem I am having is that the belt just is not moving on the clutches or the clutches just aren't moving in and out properly. The front I was able to move fairly easily by hand in and would spring back out. The rear moves in and out but seems pretty darn stiff. It doesn't seem to want to budge as the engine speed comes up. Is this a serviceable clutch? Do I take it apart and clean everything to try and loosen it up? Am I looking at the wrong culprit? Any help is greatly appreciated.

If I remember right the front should run the belt up to the top of the pulley almost flush. The rear would need to do the same thing only in reverse. I think the spring in the back would be stronger so it can grip the belt sides and not slip. Be very careful with that clutch, there hard to come by. And welcome to the group.

Are your motor mounts hold the motor in place? If the motor moves, it can effect clutch performance. Sometimes the rubber vibration isolators break and allow motor movement.