Vintage Tote Gote 760

Final Carburetor Tweaks today, I always wait a week start it up cold and Ride it around listening, I was pretty close this time just a very slight adjustment to the High Speed screw got it, brought the idle down i'm happy with it... now all is needed is the ride video..

It is when you don't have one. That is the one part my students need to keep their 404 original. I have the specs on one but I don't know if we can make one. They may have to go with just throttle twist off a mini bike.

It is when you don't have one. That is the one part my students need to keep their 404 original. I have the specs on one but I don't know if we can make one. They may have to go with just throttle twist off a mini bike.
If I had another i would let you guys have it.. I personally have made the insides before, but not the sleeve, it would need to be done on a 4th axis or a lathe with live tooling...

We'll figure it out. If we have to, we can put a throttle twist on it and come back to the original throttle twist later. Your bike came out really nice.

If I had another i would let you guys have it.. I personally have made the insides before, but not the sleeve, it would need to be done on a 4th axis or a lathe with live tooling...
Would tool post mounted Dremel or equivalent serve the purpose? A tool post mount could be easily made.
Just a thought, never seen a close-up or three view drawing of the mechanism. Just the exploded diagram from the parts list pages.

Would tool post mounted Dremel or equivalent serve the purpose? A tool post mount could be easily made.
Just a thought, never seen a close-up or three view drawing of the mechanism. Just the exploded diagram from the parts list pages.
I don't think a dremel would work.. Have you tried a post on Facebook tote gote restoration or tote gote Pages looking for one? one of the viewers might have one.. I think there is a guy making the sleeves but I don't know his name...

I said I was finished then I started thinking I am using the motor on off switch, Bonham used a shorting lever... I was able to purchase one last year for my 404 from Richard Trotter, and figured there can't be to many of these laying around so why look for another. I have a big spool of 1" spring steel so i made one... I'm going to make another for the Bunker racing 404 but this one ( lets call it a prototype) came out pretty good.. There was a learning curve as you can only bend hard steel so far before it snaps.. (I only did that about 10 times..) but i am very happy with it.... I will trim to length when I get it on the bike, so its a little long.. the last picture is an original shot of one i found on line.. 20190309_165400.jpg 20190309_165407.jpg 20190309_165417.jpg kill swithch.jpg