Tote Gote Charger Model 503

I just purchased a Tote Gote Charger Model 503 to restore. I got it from a gentleman who said it was the proverbial barn find. I have read the threads I could find on here regarding this model but I have a few questions:
1: Any idea of how many were made? The serial number on this is 320. I saw a thread that someone talked to Ralph Bonham and they claim he said they made around 100 Chargers total.
2. Does anyone know if this would be the original twist throttle and brake handle (I would like to keep it stock, it appears most everything is there except the seat)?
3. Everything I read says they were 6 hp but this has an 8 hp motor in it. It appears to be original. Did they come with an 8 hp motor?

FYI, I gave $300 for it, seemed reasonable based on what seemed like its rarity and that is appeared to be all or mostly all there.

Attachments

Davis

Nice find on that one. The throttle and brake handle are original to the bike. The motor is not original it would’ve had a 6hp Briggs. I would run the 8hp myself. Any idea of the rear differential condition.

No records survived the closing of the company, so knowing the year or production numbers may never be known. Based on the number of survivors that have been seen, I think there were more than 100 made. Your throttle is correct and original. A great restoration project and a good buy!

Nice find on that one. The throttle and brake handle are original to the bike. The motor is not original it would’ve had a 6hp Briggs. I would run the 8hp myself. Any idea of the rear differential condition.
The rear wheels are locked up but I have not yet had time to have a look at the reason why. Could certainly be the differential. That 8hp motor certainly appears original to the trike, makes me wonder if it was a one off installation at the factory. Wishful thinking I suppose, would be nice to have an intact survivor.

That is just cool!
Put some low pressure flotation tires on the bike and that would make a nice camping vehicle.
I have a toy hauler and a RZR, but I have a vision of taking the tote gote along as well as a pit bike for my young grandsons to ride around on. No doubt my wife and I would putt around on it as well!