Tote Gote Climb Away Driver unit 1"

Looking for a good used or repairable 1" Climb Away clutch driver (engine side) for my Tote Gote 600 project. Any help would greatly appreciated... Thanks!

Davis

Just bought an Old tote gote yesterday frame Forks and what looks to be the driver unit? PM me please. .Phxminiguy52
Wrong driver for what he needs. Google climb away clutch and you’ll see what he wants. That frame you bought is very modified and as far as I can see nothing on it is correct. 01B2C173-FAD2-4EB0-AA10-9E7B75AC34BC.jpeg 0D35CED4-A386-4AF7-A987-7F5E195C8BAE.jpeg

Thanks for the update on the bike. As I said I know nothing about tote bikes. Don't know why I even bought it LOL I'm a sucker for a cheap frame. Happy holidays mark

Thanks for the update on the bike. As I said I know nothing about tote bikes. Don't know why I even bought it LOL I'm a sucker for a cheap frame. Happy holidays mark
Oh and by the way that tote you have is fabulous. Looks very original. And as we all know they're only original once :) never seen one around here that runs. Happy holidays again mark

Davis

Oh and by the way that tote you have is fabulous. Looks very original. And as we all know they're only original once :) never seen one around here that runs. Happy holidays again mark
Thanks and yes it is all original. It was bought in 1959 and used till 1962 and drained and spent the rest of its life in a basement until I bought it a few years ago.

Thanks and yes it is all original. It was bought in 1959 and used till 1962 and drained and spent the rest of its life in a basement until I bought it a few years ago.
Thanks all for the tips, Davis, That is a real nice bike for sure.. looks to have a Deepco on it? I think that's what the early ones came with I read somewhere..

@phxminiguy52 Davis is right.. that frame of yours is heavily modified... but it's still a solid start for a project..please PM me if you happen to have the engine side driver unit from it... just curious what it is if you do.. what you have on there now is the driven side.. and it doesn't look to be a climb away.... Thanks...Steve

Davis

Yes it is a depco good eye and not the the clutch your looking for. I do know what you need a climb away and feel like if you wait it is attainable for sure.

There was a clutch used in between the deepco and the climbaway. For a short time, they used a Salsbury 400.
Thanks Richard... I do have one of those, but the outer aluminum portion of it is damaged (cracked under where the retaining washer held it on) ... I'd settle for one of those type clutches if one becomes available... I had kept the one I have thinking I might find the piece I need someday... Basically a clutch is the last piece i need to bring her back to life...

Thanks all for the tips, Davis, That is a real nice bike for sure.. looks to have a Deepco on it? I think that's what the early ones came with I read somewhere..

@phxminiguy52 Davis is right.. that frame of yours is heavily modified... but it's still a solid start for a project..please PM me if you happen to have the engine side driver unit from it... just curious what it is if you do.. what you have on there now is the driven side.. and it doesn't look to be a climb away.... Thanks...Steve
Hey Steve, no I am not into totes and only picked this up a few days ago. What I have is in the pic there. Threw it on line to get it out of the shop.. those totes certainly are big that's for sure. Mark

Davis

Hey Steve, no I am not into totes and only picked this up a few days ago. What I have is in the pic there. Threw it on line to get it out of the shop.. those totes certainly are big that's for sure. Mark
Yes they are big and that one you have is one of the small ones. This is the biggest one they ever made model #770. C13A24B9-8AAB-49DC-BDDF-0AF70D953A35.jpeg

Yes they are big and that one you have is one of the small ones. This is the biggest one they ever made model #770. View attachment 236877
Everybody seems upset because you got back to me and said that someone didn't need that driver. I considered that enough ,and went ahead and offered it elsewhere. Now I'm being called a liar in that I didn't actually check with someone. Goodness sake . I don't hang on every word and every post and try to catch people up to make them look like they're not being truthful. I think everyone got the gist of my intention at least I thought they did. I was just trying to be a nice guy . Holy moly. Mark

Davis

Everybody seems upset because you got back to me and said that someone didn't need that driver. I considered that enough ,and went ahead and offered it elsewhere. Now I'm being called a liar in that I didn't actually check with someone. Goodness sake . I don't hang on every word and every post and try to catch people up to make them look like they're not being truthful. I think everyone got the gist of my intention at least I thought they did. I was just trying to be a nice guy . Holy moly. Mark
WTH I was just showing you a big tote gote and you say that? You sir are way too much. Maybe instead of just buying more you should make what you have better and correct.

WTH I was just showing you a big tote gote and you say that? You sir are way too much. Maybe instead of just buying more you should make what you have better and correct.
Sorry, Sometimes I am a bit too much, that's for sure. Our earlier "conversation" not sure what to call it, about parts needed or not needed, got twisted around by someone , I'm sure I shouldn't have mentioned it. I thought your big tote looks really great. Thanks for showing it to me. Certainly doing the best I can with what I have.. trying to make things better and correct that's why I'm on here trying to get advice from folks who are in the know like yourself. I will definitely try to "lighten up " . Happy holidays