Tote gote drive train

I’m new to this site so I’m not sure where to post this question. But I’m trying to figure out how my tote gote transmission goes back together I have two bikes and purchased them as basket cases. And just was hoping to find some good pics or diagrams to work from.

desert rat

We like pictures. To make things easier I think we should start with the frames. That way we can start making piles of parts that fit one frame or the other. It would also help to place a 3 inch tall number next to each part so we can call out each part. You know frame one and shaft 3 and so on and so on. This could be funo_O

Desert Rat is right. Tote Gote became a general term for most trail scooters. To give you good information, we need to determine just what you have. A picture is worth a thousand words...

desert rat

I have three that are all different. The one I have taken apart right now is the one I am betting is NOT a Tote Goat but a Pak Pal. Then there is the Trail King I think it is, all get called tote goats but not all are. Richard is the king on these.

Here are a few photos of the bike frames and the transmission/ drivetrain pieces that came with the piles. Thanks again!!

Attachments

desert rat

My chains are off in this first shot. This is the shaft arrangement. Not the same frame. I do not have a two speed to take pictures of for you so that one is out for me to help you. I will get better pictures tomorrow. The tank is for a briggs front mount

Attachments

Thanks for the help I’ve started putting pieces in the right areas , but now I’m wondering what size and type of engine is recommended and also what is recommended for a drive clutch and belt? Thanks again for the help.

Both of these scooters used a Briggs model 140000 6hp motor (142300, 146400, 147400, etc). A model 170000 7hp or 190000 8hp will also fit. Make sure the motor has the right shaft. The Blazer used a 'Marco Klymomatic' clutch, the Sherpa used a Salsbury 500 (Comet 500). Not sure about the belts.

I’m wondering if there’s diagrams and parts list for the Klymomatic clutch I think I have most if not all the parts but they were scattered about in a tub when I got the pile and I’m having trouble seeing how it all goes back together. Thanks!!