TOTE GOTE rescue

Stsguy

I found this in a garage in Oklahoma, Knowing it was (ODD AT BEST) I wasn't leaving the state without it loaded in my trailer... SO Now its on the porch of our hobby shop about to be transformed back to it Best ugly condition... However I think she is BEAUTIMUS.. I had looked it up and found some info online.. I forget the model It wasn't the rarest but still really cool... Even though the air still holds the tires LOL the cracks in the rubber are laughable at best. so I want to find the AGRESSIVE rear tire and I can find NADA just the lame usual tires you see on the Northern tool minis ... I guess I will be forced to Harbor the 6.5 99 dollar engine from HF Since the stores are all out of OLD CAST IRON BRIGGS engines.. with glass carb bowls.. Also the SALSBURY CLUTCH im guessing is the correct style for this bike? If so with the HF engine that has a 3/4 inch shaft ill need to find a good one...
So with all that in mind... any help on where to find the TIRE>>> Clutch>>> and Belt >>>> would be of great help...
Cheers
Joe at the Gote Rescue Headquarters
Spring Tx

DSCN0994.JPG DSCN0992.JPG DSCN0993.JPG DSCN0994.JPG

Stsguy

It can be made in a few minutes ...lol we have a full shop to work with metal... I just need a place to find tires... the right clutch and belt setup
IO think it is a 600 as well

Davis

Woa nice and fancy. I’d do that first and then try to find the elusive climb away clutch for it and your runnin.

mustangfrank

OldMiniBikes.com or ATVtires.com (I think that's correct spelling) might have some tires that will work. That rear is an implement or old snowblower type, I've seen something similar around the usual web haunts if you're looking for "concours" correct...:)

Don't give up on finding an old Briggs or Tecumseh H or HM series, too bad you're not up here in the land of cheap snowblower engines but they're out there.

Davis

That actually might be a model 706 it looks like a wide fork and front rim and tire. Is there a model tag on this bike.

Stsguy

Found em CLICK THE BLUE >>>>
I was thinking they may have been placed after the ORG sale, But then I seen this (LUG) tire in the org pics in the ads.. Yall were right.. Snow blower tire.. We dont have too many of those in our parts. The Only Snow blowers here are CARTEL ..:rolleyes:.. So 50 bucks.. a bit high but worth it to keep the aggressive look in the rear..
Can you still find all parts needed to build the old cast iron engines? I think the only change I would want to make is a newer style carb they are much better now.. This will be SO MUCH fun to rescue So.. Tire found I will look at the 2 links given also.. I did not know this forum was linked to a sales site... See below
/ 538beaeb6d847172f7cc811799f675dd.jpg s-l640.jpg
bc5c05a0a0fbc8e75439575566f470b4.jpg Looking for Blazer tires I found this And below this popped up too which cracked me up./..
Thanks for all the feed back I may start a thread on the rebuild
Any Salbury GURU that can shed light on what NOT to do I welcome..
Joe
u-g-P478TY0.jpg
160-683_01_Z-228x228.jpg s-l1000.jpg

Attachments

Stsguy

OldMiniBikes.com or ATVtires.com (I think that's correct spelling) might have some tires that will work. That rear is an implement or old snowblower type, I've seen something similar around the usual web haunts if you're looking for "concours" correct...:)

Don't give up on finding an old Briggs or Tecumseh H or HM series, too bad you're not up here in the land of cheap snowblower engines but they're out there.
Whats a fair price for a running or rebuildable 5 hp?

The original motor was a briggs 6hp model 140000. Other motors that will fit as designed are: Briggs 7hp model 170000 or Briggs 8hp model 190000. These motors are very common, look for a shaft that will fit your choisce of clutch. They are generally 1" dia shaft motors.

Tires are common for this size. A lot of Chinese tires are skimpy and look too narrow for the tote gote. Carlisle tire makes a good lug tire for the rear or you could choose their Stud tires that look good both front and rear.

The Tote Gote clutch was called the 'Climbaway' clutch. They aren't common and can be expensive to get an original. For 1" shaft motors, there are Comet 500 clutches (Salsbury) or Comet series 40 clutches that are higher end parts. A Comet 20 with spacer will work and is less expensive. The belt should be a Comet 203790.

Stsguy

Is it Sacrilegious to install a newer engine on a goat? I found a 6.5 hp Husqvarna with electric start for 100 bucks lol too much comfort ya think?
I really wouldn't want to guess in another region but 50 bucks to 150 seems normal for a runner, maybe a gasket set, carb kit rebuild kinda project...post a want ad here or check the listings, I just sold an 8 horse Briggs on here.

Just saw your tires elsewhere too...

https://www.gokartsupply.com/mobile/tires.htm

Stsguy

The Tote Gote clutch was called the 'Climbaway' clutch. They aren't common and can be expensive to get an original. For 1" shaft motors, there are Comet 500 clutches (Salsbury) or Comet series 40 clutches that are higher end parts. A Comet 20 with spacer will work and is less expensive. The belt should be a Comet 203790.
Amazing thank u