Tote Gotes

Tote Gotes.jpg 1576783952179.png Hello, I think I might've posted something about one of my Gotes several years ago, I've since acquired another. The first one (back one in pics) is a 760, I have fly away clutch and the drive train is all there I believe. The second one, (with the kickstand), I don't know what model it is... when I bought it the guy had gotten rid of the clutch and cobbled together a mess that went about 1mph for his son to ride. I bought it in the dark from his brother and never could get hold of the owner.... I know, weird story, I promise I didn't steal it....., anyway, don't know what the original configuration was. I just finished getting a 1979 Honda XL500S into riding condition and it's time to start on the Tote Gotes. Thanks for any help! I also have 2 new Preditor 6hp that I want to use for them..

Attachments

another, thing.... sorry, new to all this... The one that I don't know the model, does have, stamped on a cross member that would be horizontal behind the motor mount, "PRF 266" not sure if that helps .... Thanks

I think 'Davis' is right, it appears to be a model P, the first version had a Salsbury 400 torque converter. The later models came with the Bonham 'Climbaway' torque converter. The 14 cubic inch motor was rated at 5 3/4hp. View attachment 253958
Hey Richard, thanks for the reply, it does look like from the picture to be a P, mine does have a 5.70 X 5 rear tire, pickup tire style same size and style as the 760 I have? It also has the "drum" on the front wheel so had front brakes at one time, the rest of the assembly is missing though. The drive has been modified with a big sprocket where the variable belt pulley had been so that's missing. Do you know what the PRF 266 stamped on the cross frame is? I looked back and see when I started working on the 760 that I'd corresponded with you. I've since abandoned the old 8 hp Briggs, traded it off, in favor of the Predator 6hp for both. I did keep the flyaway clutch for the 760 as the full drive train is there on it. I'm not wanting perfect restorations at this point, my wife and I just want running machines as close as we can and still be functional. We'd love to come to the gathering in Utah with them! The "P" does have the solid front forks like the pic. Really appreciate the help and amazed at the following for these still! Very cool!:)

Correction on the tires...
Hey Richard, thanks for the reply, it does look like from the picture to be a P, mine does have a 5.70 X 5 rear tire, pickup tire style same size and style as the 760 I have? It also has the "drum" on the front wheel so had front brakes at one time, the rest of the assembly is missing though. The drive has been modified with a big sprocket where the variable belt pulley had been so that's missing. Do you know what the PRF 266 stamped on the cross frame is? I looked back and see when I started working on the 760 that I'd corresponded with you. I've since abandoned the old 8 hp Briggs, traded it off, in favor of the Predator 6hp for both. I did keep the flyaway clutch for the 760 as the full drive train is there on it. I'm not wanting perfect restorations at this point, my wife and I just want running machines as close as we can and still be functional. We'd love to come to the gathering in Utah with them! The "P" does have the solid front forks like the pic. Really appreciate the help and amazed at the following for these still! Very cool!:)
Correction on the tires, both have 4.80 X 8 on the front and 5.70 X 8 on the rear..

The front brake on the early Tote Gotes was a Schwinn assembly that fit inside the drum. These are hard to find because the bicycle collectors are looking for them too. The 'PRF 266' could be the serial number. Other model P's had the number stamped on the steering neck. I don't think anyone has found the 'date code' or has decoded what the serial numbers mean.

I'm going to focus on the 760 first, is there an ad or drawing that would show more detail on this bike. I notice it has a couple brackets underneath that I assume were for the kickstand and would like to fabricate an original style stand. also what do I need to do to match the fly away clutch to the Predator 212? Thanks, I would be at a loss without this awesome source of info!! oldminibikes!

Davis

I'm going to focus on the 760 first, is there an ad or drawing that would show more detail on this bike. I notice it has a couple brackets underneath that I assume were for the kickstand and would like to fabricate an original style stand. also what do I need to do to match the fly away clutch to the Predator 212? Thanks, I would be at a loss without this awesome source of info!! oldminibikes!
The predator will work in them other than the exhaust and motor plate holes need help. Your climb away clutch will work with a 1 inch to 3/4 inch adapter also.