track meet

frank

i read a site called scooter cannonball and they gave me an idea . they talked about doing a 24 hour sponsored ride for charity at a race track . i live close to a small track [dirt] that races mini sprints i think they're called . i think it closes for the winter but we have usually good winters with lots of nice days . [ near tulsa oklahoma] . the idea is to have 5 riders per machine , and keep it running around the track for 24 solid hours . bring your tools and stuff just in case , and the scoot that does the most laps wins . what do you think ? any interest in some real saddle sores ? !

Hent

frank, something like that would be very cool, although it appears most of the members are from the north- north-eastern parts of the US

I think we'd have a better turn out having it closer to everyone.

Also, I think it needs to be planned pretty far ahead to allow people to make room for it. The ride in St Joe Park this year didn't turn out as well as expected, and I think part of that was due to such short notice; people already planned their vacations, didn't plan on spending the money, etc.

I think this would go over well with a lot of people, with enough notice and the right place to do it. I don't think many of the people will go back to St Joe again.

I'd like to hear what other people have to say about this.

I don't think many of the people will go back to St Joe again..

Well we'll see. I plan on going in Nov to St Joe's. I am Bringing all my bikes and a few buddies are going with their mini's.

We are also thinking of going to Land Between the lakes In Kentucky somtime this year.

frank

is pennsylvania or ohio more reasonable ? i just happen to keep one of my minis in n.e. penna ..... it's engine runs a snowblower in winter and a mini in summer !

Hent

Well, PA would be very reasonable for me, since I live here :)

I'm willing to travel a decent amount, but to Oklahoma is 20+ hours each way. That's a bit unreasonable, and shipping a mini + airfare would be a decent dent in the wallet... so that's probably out of the question as well.

It would be neat to have more mini bike gatherings throughout the US to accomodate the people who can't travel that far. I think that's what Jim is trying to organize over in Missouri.

Since the biggest minibike get together/swap meet/rides already take place in PA - with a nice turn out, having that somewhere around here probably wouldn't be too bad of an idea. Just make sure to give adequate time to prepare for it.

i keep my ''pa. mini'' in wayne county , the most northeast county in the state . i take it for some pretty long rides when i'm there ..... it'll climb the mountain which is also the county line with no trouble . i haven't had a talk with any troopers yet ! but can imagine telling him that i'm a 45 year old professional that's blowing off some steam and i'll go put it away now !

Well we'll see. I plan on going in Nov to St Joe's. I am Bringing all my bikes and a few buddies are going with their mini's.

We are also thinking of going to Land Between the lakes In Kentucky somtime this year.
Dennis,
Let me know when you're going to St. Joe. I'd like to come down for the day and meet up with you guys to do a little riding. Working on making a day trip to Springfield IL in the next couple of weeks also for some vintage race kart action. $25 for a day full of track time. A couple of us are going, just not sure exactly when. In the next couple weeks is all I know for sure. Gonna blast around a 1/2 mile road course at 60 to 80 mph. Woo Hooo!!!!
Regards, Jim