Trail Horse "MX"

Well, as I have said before I have many projects and I finally got the wheels and seat for this one. I always liked the Azusa Spinner wheels and the way the Bonanza MX bikes look and thought since the Trail horse frame was so much like the Bonanza I would make my own "MX" version of a Trail Horse. I need to find some softer shocks for the forks and I think I will be going with a Tecumseh HS 50 instead of the Kawasaki that sits in it now. I need to take the seat to an upholsterer to have the name Cosmo removed from the back of the seat (I guess it's off a moped). Also I need to find a set of fenders that would look appropriate.

I am also considering using a Ssscat gas tank instead of the tank under the seat. Since General Appliance became General Parts and then Arctic Cat I thought it would be a nice crossover part. Not sure if it fits the bike or not.

I like your build , i would also like to see a closer look at the fork setup . Can you post up more pics ? :thumbsup:
I'll get some pictures this weekend. Basically I am using the same idea that the Trail Horse GTO 1500 used but I drilled my own holes to lengthen the forks and extend the suspension travel. But I need to find a lot softer shocks because right now they don't move.

That's looking great so far Tom. Maybe you can use a pair of 12 inch adjustable shocks on the front forks or adapt your existing forks to use coil springs?

Nice job Tom! I have been thinking about the 8 inch rims and now that you have done it. Wow!!! I like it. Keep up the good work. My bike rides so smooth now that I change my front forks to the originals.

Last edited:
Nice! I like it! I liked the look with the Ssscat tank too, but I'm partial to Arctic Cats. Not sure about the tire radius but some fat chrome Arctic fenders would probably do the job. If too plain, add some color matched stripping.

Not a whole lot to update except I bought new grips and a header for it, welded on a brake stop onto the swing arm, installed a kick stand, made a mounting bracket for the seat, installed a two speed jack shaft and clutch, installed the brake cable, new rear axle and adjusters, and finally got it running and took it for a spin. I need to work on the gearing for the jack shaft.

Not a whole lot to update except I bought new grips and a header for it, welded on a brake stop onto the swing arm, installed a kick stand, made a mounting bracket for the seat, installed a two speed jack shaft and clutch, installed the brake cable, new rear axle and adjusters, and finally got it running and took it for a spin. I need to work on the gearing for the jack shaft.
Not a whole lot to update!! LOL!! I really like how this is turning out! Looks quite different from the norm!! :thumbsup: