Trail Horse/ Trail Blazer general appliance Headlights

markus

I sourced a few NOS Lights that I believe are pretty much a match to the headlights that General appliance used in chrome for one of my bikes. I have been looking for a chrome one for quite a long time and I ran across 3 New in boxes so I grabbed them up to play with. For guys/gals with a lighted GA made bike, have you ever had the headlight bulb out, if so do you know what the designation # for the bulb was/is? These do have 12v but pretty low wattage so may be good to use, just would like to see what others have. Also has anyone repro'ed the info decal that you see on the either the top of the forks or across the back of the headlight when installed?

thankd for any help. IMG_3222.JPG IMG_3223.JPG

pics are of a survivor bike that was for sale here a while back

1667644897737.png

1667645082205.png

I couldn’t find the yellow decal on the back of the light…I first thought it was just yellow electrical tape….but saw old pictures etc….kept it on the trail horse pictured….but on the trail blazer it was rusted off….a guy on eBay sells the rest of the decals just not that yellow strip… that I can find

I have the bulb laying on the bench but I’m not home right now…give until tomorrow if someone else doesnt speak up

markus

Thank you, Skipp and others for the info on your bulb/s. There is a lot of options in bulb size in the par 36 size, Ones in mine are 12v 12w, would be good mated with the rear bulb to keep the overall amp draw down, but not sure if it will like the greatly varying voltage between idle and and WOT. The cycle version like you have would probably handle it better for sure, and probably be the best for actual light beam/pattern was not sure if they were just using the standard 18w "tractor" lights or if it was actually something for driving.

Now to get some time to work on them! The Hurricane damage/aftermath here is still taking up a lot of time.......and I am wore out!