Trailmaster MB200 got pulled over for being motorcycle

I have a trailmaster MB200 got pulled over a few days ago because I was told that it is a motorcycle I argued up back and forth to the officer that it was not a motorcycle what motorcycle do you pull start? Is what I told him also on top of that it does not have a real tank The tank is fake anyways with that being said just wondering what I could do to get out of this ticket for no license no registration no tag I actually went to the DMV they laughed at me when I told him that I wanted to get it tagged and ensured so my question is is there any insurance companies that will ensure a mini bike I live in Kansas thank you

Lizardking

I have a trailmaster MB200 got pulled over a few days ago because I was told that it is a motorcycle I argued up back and forth to the officer that it was not a motorcycle what motorcycle do you pull start? Is what I told him also on top of that it does not have a real tank The tank is fake anyways with that being said just wondering what I could do to get out of this ticket for no license no registration no tag I actually went to the DMV they laughed at me when I told him that I wanted to get it tagged and ensured so my question is is there any insurance companies that will ensure a mini bike I live in Kansas thank you
I say no but your local laws should tell you more. Those bikes are for offroad use only as far as I know.

toomanytoys

Some states let you make an assembled motorcycle. My rupp black widow is titled and I’ve had it plated and insured before but it’s not worth the hassle. I was pulled over a dozen times. Never ticketed as I was 100% legal. I had to show the cops the registration, vin tag, insurance card, and explain it.

really wasn’t a huge deal overall.

ELT

My mb200-2 is registered as a ATV in Ny. The dealership I bought it from registered it and renewing it has not been questioned. My insurance company is Allstate.

2old2care

My mb200-2 is registered as a ATV in Ny. The dealership I bought it from registered it and renewing it has not been questioned. My insurance company is Allstate.
But, does an ATV registration permit street use ?
I know that here in Florida, you can get a OHV title (a PITA if it's a used one), which is required to ride on state forest trails, but that is NOT for street use.

Last edited:

ELT

But, does an ATV registration permit street use ?
I know that here in Florida, you can get a OHV title (a PITA if it's a used one), which is required to ride on state forest trails, but that is NOT for street use.
I can't ride on all roads, only town roads that are designated of atv use. Most are conecting roads between trails.

I have a pair of Rupp Roadster2's that have been registered in the state of Maine I did have some help getting by the 50cc limit here a friends wife works for the town hall, I had Dairyland insurance. I did get stopped by the police in the next town over for not having a working brake light I did use hand signals that cop let it go when I said I didn't think you being the police behind me would run me over :)) Same town a motorcycle cop pulled me over mostly to check out the bike.

If you want to make it street legal it is a lengthy process and you must save all your receipts so that you can present them when you take it for inspection by the state police as they are the department responsible for D.O.T. compliance. It would need to have hi/low beam head light, turn signals, tail/brake light, a plate light, mirrors, horn and D.O.T. approved for on road use tires. It is over49cc/2.5 hp which does not allow for it to be considered a unlicensed scooter/moped for street use without an endorsement on your driver's license in any state.

Once you have made all the appropriate modifications to make it street legal you need to apply for a builder's title and this is where your receipts come into play because you have to verify every component on the bike's origin. As long as it passes road worthy inspection the police give you a form you take to the BMV and they will assign a VIN and you get a VIN tag that you then have to affix to the frame along with a motorcycle plate. The receipts also are how the insurance company will assess a value for coverage.

Now that all of that is out of the way it would probably be cheaper and faster to just pay your fine and then keep the bike off the motor-ways until you have made it legal and plated.

toomanytoys

That is basically the process I went through. But the state police barely looked at my bike and signed off on the paper and I took it back to the DMV