Tri-Rod found today

Don't take this as being a wise ass....but due to the fact no values can be given on this site in any form of question...it is worth what you are willing to pay for it. It looks nice and complete. And the values on them have been at a low for about a year.

I'm gonna say AT LEAST one dollar.. Somewhere from about $1 to $600,000

but not more than that wouldn't think.. :laugh:

It's worth what you feel it is worth after kicking the tires.. It's worth whatever both parties agree on..

It sure is nice looking.. :thumbsup:

I forgot about the talking about value rule, I am a newbie.
I think the thing is cool and I hope to work something out with the owner.

I have never understand this we don't give price thing??? Whats the big deal?.. If the guy says his is new and not sure what he should pay and he would like to buy it but not get screwed why wouldn't we want to help him out??? Oh hell no cant help you out we don't talk price, doesn't make sense to me?? If there is some on here that is into them and might be able to give a ball park price why not help him out???:shrug:

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
We or You could missguide him.

Too many factors of the unknown, we are not there looking at it, are we.

First thing I see is the front tire is wrong, for a trike front tire.
One thing he would need to buy.

Is engine correct? Are rear tires all split up? Do parts seem to be operating and correct ?

How many parts need replaced ?:shrug:

Let him make his own deal He is happy with, that's all.

You feel you need to reply about it ? PM him an answer.

I would.

Not trying to be an azz, just an answer.

We or You could missguide him.

Too many factors of the unknown, we are not there looking at it, are we.

First thing I see is the front tire is wrong, for a trike front tire.
One thing he would need to buy.

Is engine correct? Are rear tires all split up? Do parts seem to be operating and correct ?

How many parts need replaced ?:shrug:

Let him make his own deal He is happy with, that's all.

You feel you need to reply about it ? PM him an answer.

I would.

Not trying to be an azz, just an answer.
Whats wrong with the front tire? Looks like what came on them to me.....

Last edited:
I have never understand this we don't give price thing??? Whats the big deal?.. If the guy says his is new and not sure what he should pay and he would like to buy it but not get screwed why wouldn't we want to help him out??? Oh hell no cant help you out we don't talk price, doesn't make sense to me?? If there is some on here that is into them and might be able to give a ball park price why not help him out???:shrug:
Its not the deal you get,its the deal you think you get.... To most people they would want to pay less than $200 for something like that knowing they are going to spend another $500 on it. Then maybe be able to sell it for $300-$400.... Someone else would pay $250 just to have that original seat cushion. Someone else might pay $500 thinking they can clean the carb and just ride it. Some think they can buy anything for $50 because they have bought similar in the past for that much. I know people that would pay $1000 for it.... By giving values you just open the site to more back and forth hatred because someone gets insulted and someone throws a dig at someone else. So I can understand the not giving value rules. But I also dont think you need to be jerks about enforcing the rules. A simple link to the sticky is enough. And if someone happened to give an opinion it should be ok to do so without getting the noose ready.:hang:

One more thing. Trikes take up a lot of space... But I think everyone should own at least one. I think it gets ridden more than any minibike you will own. And if your buddy has one I guaranty it.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Hey Gumpit, then I stand corrected.

I thought it would have had a more rounded tire with knobs that come over onto the side wall.

That is the way my Columbia was.

I think it gets ridden more than any minibike you will own.
Not necessarily. I can squeeze out the two-wheelers between the Dodge and the Pontiac. If I've got to dig myself out of 17 empty aluminum cans, AND back the car out, (honey, where are the car keys?) it just ain't gonna happen.

I can live without them, even though I think they're pretty cool.

toomanytoys

I had one trike for less than 24 hours. Bought it. Cleaned the carb. New plug. New gas and I got lucky and had a new belt for the tav laying around.

Had it out riding around the yard. Guy stopped hey I had one like that when I was a kid. Sure anything I have is for sale for the right price. He threw me a number and we were loading it in his truck.

Took up way too much floor space

45t

Good points from both sides. I gotta agree with Gumpit. I've ridden my trike more this year than any of my bikes.

But I also agree with Toomanytoys that they take up a lot of room and if someone offered me a price I would accept, I'd sell it.

Nice find. I wish i could find trikes with the seat and motor, all i ever find are frames. I jus found this Tri-Rod last week, and its missing a bit but hopefully ill fix that w/o much hassle haha, sweet find tho, hell pick it up, screw the space issue you can always find some lol. NICE find tho:thumbsup:heres a pic of the one i found
if you find any place to get info/good parts let me kno please

OH, also, if you could measure the bracket on back that would help me TREMENDOUSLY! Ill put in a pic of the bracket i mean, the one on mine i picked up is missing and i think ill have to fabricate one but need measurements, i can try and highlight what spots i need measured if you could do this, thanks

wjustice

It's real easy to put a lot of money into these trikes. Probably into the mini bikes too. Often it more then you can sell the finished trike for. I haven't totaled it but I have a lot into my rts. It was a roller but between the 3 basket case engines to make 1, new tires, carb issues and a full axle hydro brake setup. It's a bunch. Get it for as low as you can without getting the seller mad. They are big, some more then others. I can't get 2 in the bed of my truck at the same time.
I have noticed that a lot of these old trikes are missing key parts. Seems like someone had trouble and first thing done was pull and toss the converter and jackshaft assembly

Last edited: