TRI ROD

Cuda54

Has anyone ever changed the neck to a motor cycle neck so it could be licensed for the road? I would like to get mine on the road. I can put a bigger engine on and gear it faster. No highway but run the roads that are 55 mph I am retired and want to ride if I can.

Attachments

I know a guy who has heard of someone who did that once to get a title, maybe he’ll PM you. Now about going an actual 55 mph on a Tri Rod with traffic in reality and not hearing from someone who “ has one that’ll do 55 plus”, that might be a tall order...

Getting it licensed depends more on where you are. I'm in Indiana and as far as I can tell, all you need here is lights, horns and brakes. I'm working on rebuilding a Tri-rod that I bought last summer. I'd like to get it licensed at least as an in-town runabout. We'll see what happens.

Some states require that the tires be rated of highway use. If it is licensed then there should be an insurance coverage. I went through this with my Tri Sport RTS 440 it was covered by State Farm

Cuda54

I was going to use the 215/60-8 trailer tires and they are rated for highway use. I did not want the knobbies for on the road anyway.
  • Rim dimensions: 8" diameter x 7" wide
  • Bolt pattern: 5 on 4-1/2"
  • Wheel capacity: 1165 lbs
  • Wheel bolt size: 1/2"-20
  • Pilot diameter: 2.8"
  • Tire size: 215/60-8
    • Section width: 8.9"
    • Outer diameter (when inflated): 18.1"
  • Tire capacity:
    • Load range: D
    • Ply rating: 8
    • Maximum load: 1,165 lbs at 70 psi