Tri-Sport drive belts

wjustice

The drive belt on my TS290 is very loose. A couple inches of deflection. The belt IS worn but Im not sure if it is even the correct size. Does anyone have info on the belts use on this model? It has the CCW290 engine and I believe a salsbury 780 clutch. The current belt is 42.5" in circumference but only measures 1.11 wide. A new belt of the same size would be wider and tighten it up some. Also, I dont see any obviously easy way to adjust the center to center. The engine is spaced up for clearance on the magneto end but the mounts are not slotted for adjustment. Can someone shed some light on this for me?

Salsbury type clutches are common on snowmobiles. If you know of a shop near you, you should give them a call. On ebay came across a shop in New England area you could call K&K ATV Racing 413-323-7044. Good Luck

wjustice

Well I don't know if either place can tell me what the stock belt size should be. I was hoping someone had a TS290 or knew the specs. Any replacement will be a matchup for fit, so I may need to shim the engine to adjust the shaft spacing

It was so long ago that I had my TS 290 and I don't recall ever having to adjust or change a belt. I went on to the RTS models. Sure wish I still had the dealer book.
Steve :scooter: