Tri sport parts bike for sale

myjunk

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I will move it if so. But I have a tri sport frame, and body that I would like to trade or sell. As you can see the thing may have spent some time in the fence row, but it still turns freely. I live in Northern Mich (not the U.P.). Please sen
d me a PM if you have any interest. $125

wjustice

Looks like it was once a RTS SL with a TS front end. It has the SL dash pod, bumper, battery box and wide sided body. Nice if you were closer to me.

I wish you were closer! I'd love to have it for spare parts for SL. Can it be taken apart and shipped via Grey Hound to Maryland? I'd really like to have that front wheel and the rear tires. What size is the front rim and tire? And what size are the rear tires?

Thanks,
Shawn

Last edited:
If you can find where the VIN is located I sure would like to know. A picture of where would be great. I have an RTS SL I am working on and cannot find the VIN anywhere.

myjunk

Sorry, I looked mine over and could find no number. I am sure someone on this site will know.
If you can find where the VIN is located I sure would like to know. A picture of where would be great. I have an RTS SL I am working on and cannot find the VIN anywhere.

The Alsports 'vin' is usually a sticker (not good) that depending on year is either stuck exposed to the engine mounting plate. These got destroyed from oil & gas build up. Later years were stuck on the main frame "backbone" under the body tub on the right side about 10" down from the fork neck. These held up much better. The numbering sequence was mainly a serial #.
Sorry...didn't mean to hi-jack your thread .

I found my VIN on my RTS SL!!! It was on the right side of the neck. It was "SLW XXXXX L" Don't know what the W or the L stands for?

myjunk

Winter is coming and I don't have the room to store it. I am thinking of listing it on ebay, or parting it out one piece at a time $20 a part plus shipping. I am going to give it a few days before listing.

I'd buy the whole trike if it wasn't such a drive to pick up. I'm gonna be in Troy,Mi. next weekend..but it's still 3-1/2 hrs from there.
You have any way to haul ?

myjunk

I relisted the trike back on ebay. The guy who bought it had some unfortunate circumstances, and was unable to complete the deal.