Tri sport ts-50 help

Does anyone have pics or can take them of the stock engine/tc/jackshaft and sprocket setup. I have the aluminum plate 30 series and it just seems like my drive is really far out to line up. I sat there tonight staring at the whole set up and can't figure on how I can move everything over some. Even thought about getting a block of aluminum to lift the jackshaft up so I could mount the driven right to that. Any help would be great.

This had a clutch. I cant find the pics but i ran a Tav... Then the sprocket on the tav went to the jackshaft bigger sprocket

Last edited:
I'm running a clone right now. Gonna use a honda. But I had a briggs on it and had same issue. All I'm saying is the driver has to be spaced so far out off my block to line up with the driven. Just wasn't sure if that's right. I'll take a pic when I get home.

I think the newer aluminum plates set ups are a little differs than the original steel plates used. I think the steel plates allow the driven to sit a little further back than the newer ones.

125ccCrazy

Do you have a pic of your set up? I can't imagine why the clutches would't line up other than the driven is on backwards..

Last edited:
I'm still a hair off of ailment and there is a 1/2" between the plate and the back of driver. Plus the 1/2" the plate takes up. After you put on the driver backing plate there's another 1-1/2" there's maybe 3/8" left for the hub and actual driver.

Attachments

125ccCrazy

That's a common problem with the crank being too short to support the driver..I have remedied this by taking an old crank, cutting off the desired length for an extension, drill the piece all the way through with a drill bit just a tad bigger than a 5/16" bolt so the bolt fits pretty snug in the extension piece, then just use a longer bolt and bolt the clutch on... You can use a piece of 3/4" jackshaft if an old crank isn't available. Cut the extension just a little short so it's not flush with the end of the clutch so you have some pinch there to hold the clutch tight..