Trike

That is a Snowco Trike. The seat pan has been modified, as it used to have, "wings", on it that imitated fenders. If it's for someone under say, 16, go lightly with the power. A common 6.5 predator might be way too much for a younger child.

That is a Snowco Trike. The seat pan has been modified, as it used to have, "wings", on it that imitated fenders. If it's for someone under say, 16, go lightly with the power. A common 6.5 predator might be way too much for a younger child.
Thanks for the tips. I know it’s a snowco as it still has serial/model # plate attached. Also seems someone welded footpegs to lower forks for a bigger person to ride more comfortable. Not a good job though and I’ll be cutting them off and rewelding something better.

Thanks for the tips. I know it’s a snowco as it still has serial/model # plate attached. Also seems someone welded footpegs to lower forks for a bigger person to ride more comfortable. Not a good job though and I’ll be cutting them off and rewelding something better.
Go for it. If your grandson doesn't need the extra food pegs, leave them off. Looks like you have a great project, or two, for the rest of the summer.

Congrats on your 3-wheel find and good for you for introducing your grandson to the joys of small engine riding freedom. I had a small tri-sport growing up in 70’s it was the best childhood memories I ever had. I have got my son a dune cat when he was small I had to add foot petal extension and slow down the governor for him. My only regret is I don’t have many pictures or videos of him riding it. (I-phone with camera and video recorders were costly back then). The good news is the “Christmas morning”expressions on his face when he drove it is forever engraved in my mind. You might want to temporarily mount a camera,cellphone or a go-pro to the handle bars to capture his reactions in digital. Good luck with your new “old school”adventure.

The Predator 212 is a pretty versatile motor and speed is all in the gearing. I have one on an old Mud Bug chassis for my 9 and 11 year-olds. Box stock with a 30-series TC and the throttle limit screw set pretty far, I have it limited to a nice and calm 17MPH or so. The boys love it. When I want to get on it, a quick turn out of the limit screw gives it enough top end for grown-up fun.

Now, the built Duromax 440 on my Tri-Rod is only dad's toy for now! :cool:

Cuda54

When setting things up for young kids you can add a few zip ties to the cable so they can not get full throttle. Then as they get better at riding you can cut them out. And it works on any engine and it is safe too.