Troubleshooting Predator 212

Ok So ive put back in a stock timing key checked to make sure the o ring on carb and intake is aligned again even checked valve lash again and its set at .003 and my coil gap is set at .030. Ive even tried with gas cap on and off to see if its a venting problem even moved the c clip up on the needle and bike will still only run with choke on. Could the 1.3 rockers be a problem?

Minimichael

What pilot jet size? Go bigger on your main. Raise your needle further up. Set your throttle adjuster for slight tension, and ensure the throttle slide is just a hair above fully closed.

Have you had this carb working correctly in the past?

What pilot jet size? Go bigger on your main. Raise your needle further up. Set your throttle adjuster for slight tension, and ensure the throttle slide is just a hair above fully closed.

Have you had this carb working correctly in the past?
Pilot is still the one that came with the carb. I also have the c clip on the highest position on the needle. Also no this is a new carb and have not got it to run correctly yet. i have a 130 main jet inside now i will try a 140 and see what happens

Ok I’m at work now but when I get back home I’ll move the needle and figure out the pilot jet size . By chance do you know a ball park of where I should be at with the pilot jet ?

ive removed my pilot jet and have looked over this thing a million times there is no size stamped onto it . I just bought a kit that comes with sizes from 10-37.5 Will update progress once they get here.

Im finally back with an update after waiting for the pilot jets to arrive. The original pilot jet did not have a number stamped on it so i tried to match it up as close as possible to one of the new ones. After looking up some info online about jets and elevation (im in Florida) i decided to go with a size 20 pilot and 130 main jet. Now the bike finally runs without the choke having to be on but vibrates alot more and i noticed the rubber drain line under the carb was leaking a small amount of gas. I checked and made sure the drain screw was tight. Im assuming the bowl is overflowing which is why a small amount is coming out? Could this be from too big of a pilot now haha

vegetable

and i noticed the rubber drain line under the carb was leaking a small amount of gas. I checked and made sure the drain screw was tight. Im assuming the bowl is overflowing which is why a small amount is coming out? Could this be from too big of a pilot now haha
been wondering this myself, theres fuel dripping from my overflow line as well on my 24mm mikuni even though i dont have a fuel pump