Truckasaurus44's Vintage build - BC1000

I couldn't wait...so I went home and got tanked over my lunch break

All thats left is to paint, re-assemble and install the engine. I've got the HS50 pipe that OMBWH sells and I'm a little worried about the exhaust clearing the tank, but I can always cut it and weld it so that it's lower or turn it to go out the side. We'll see once the engine is in.

So...you remeber this?

Well, it got torn down to this

And I added this

And I got this:

BOOM! I'll paint the air cleaner housing and there are a couple other small items to work out, like the decals, but so far, so good

buckeye

Looks brand new.
Good things your huggies are close. You must have crapped your drawers when you stood back and looked at it.:laugh:

I guess the HS50's output shaft is in a different spot in relation to the engine mounts, compared to the OHV engine. With the brake return spring in the engine slot, the engine can't be moved back enough to use the same chain. Also, it looks like it will hit the engine plate unless I can move it back more. I knoew this was going to smoothly.

My plan is to make an angle bracket to mount with the engine bolts to the bottom of the motor plate for the return spring. Then I'll be able to move the engine all the way back in the slots, getting the chain off of the plate and making it long enough.

I'm also picking up a new sprocket. I just like the original zinc look better than the powder coat, and the chain will fit on better. The 2 stage powder coat is thick and the chain won't fit right until the coating wears off.

OK, I've got the engine mounted and connected up, so now its time for the clutch/chain guard.

I've got the reproduction cover and brackets from OldMiniBikes wearhouse and I've got a question. I know how the rear mount bolts up, no problem. However, how does the front go? I'm guessing the longer side mounts to the top right engine bolt off the PTO bolts and it gets placed horizontally, but the slot is smaller than the PTO bolts so I'm not sure. Do you just drill out the slot until the bolt just fits?

Picks to come shortly

OK, I finished the brake return spring bracket and could technically ride the bike now. The To-Do list is now:
1) Paint and mount the chain guard. I STLL NEED INFO ON HOW TO ARRANGE THE MOUNTS AND WHETHER I SHOULD BE DRILLING THE BRACKET OUT FOR THE LARGER ENGINE PTO BOLT
2) Mount the pegs. they need to be slightly massaged to work. nothing a little grinder time won't fix
3) Kick stand
4) RIDE!

Here's the brake spring bracket. This allows me to push the engine all the way back to keep the chain as far off the engine plate as possible

Also, do you think there will be an issue with the exhause pointing back towards the gas tank? The outlet is offset, so its not pointed RIGHT at the tank, but its close enough that I might make a deflector to push the exhaust out the side. Here's a pic:

Otherwise, here is what she looks like:

Came out looking great!! I'm sure you could come up with some type of deflector for the exhaust if you are worried about it aiming at the tank. I made up a deflector for my Predator when I put it on my DB30 so it wouldn't melt the fender.

GOOD WORK!!