Truckasaurus44's Vintage build - BC1000

Alright. I took a guess on the clutch guard setup and finished everything. It looks fantastic. I'm not going to snap any pics tonight, but it'll be at the Hot Dog Hut Show tomorrow if you want to see it! :D

I'll post some pics from the show later.

Well, I got it together in time for the Hot Dog Hut Show. She got second place!

Now all thats left to do is put the kill switch on at get it running and tuned. Once that's done, I'll get a running vid up here.

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/attachments/OldMiniBikes-build-off-2013/53529d1366600120-truckasaurus44s-vintage-build-bc1000-2013-04-21_08-55-37_638.jpg

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/attachments/OldMiniBikes-build-off-2013/53530d1366600213-truckasaurus44s-vintage-build-bc1000-2013-04-21_08-55-50_680.jpg

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/attachments/OldMiniBikes-build-off-2013/53531d1366600364-truckasaurus44s-vintage-build-bc1000-2013-04-21_12-45-57_234.jpg

Last edited:
looks good man

:laugh:
OK, I finished the brake return spring bracket and could technically ride the bike now. The To-Do list is now:
1) Paint and mount the chain guard. I STLL NEED INFO ON HOW TO ARRANGE THE MOUNTS AND WHETHER I SHOULD BE DRILLING THE BRACKET OUT FOR THE LARGER ENGINE PTO BOLT
2) Mount the pegs. they need to be slightly massaged to work. nothing a little grinder time won't fix
3) Kick stand
4) RIDE!

Here's the brake spring bracket. This allows me to push the engine all the way back to keep the chain as far off the engine plate as possible

Also, do you think there will be an issue with the exhause pointing back towards the gas tank? The outlet is offset, so its not pointed RIGHT at the tank, but its close enough that I might make a deflector to push the exhaust out the side. Here's a pic:

Otherwise, here is what she looks like:

Nice work truck! That was cute in the vid when your kid starts narrating! lol! I'd bet you won't see a heat problem with the exhaust/fuel tank location. I'd check often for exhaust soot on the tank, and feel how warm it gets after riding just to be sure.

Nice looking bike! :thumbsup:

Thanks Dave. I actually made a deflector for it so the exhaust shoots out the side now. Its far enough back that it doesn't get too close to my leg when riding.

My Daughter's happy I finished the Bonanza, so now I can start working on her CAT250KC.

Last edited:
I had a nice day today, so I finished dialing in the carb and took some higher res poser pics. I was going to sell this bike after the competition, but I can already tell that its not going to be easy. The Tecumseh runs SOOOOOOOOO nice. I get the feeling this one is here to stay.

Last edited:
What a great start-to-finish account of your project! I'm just beginning mine and you've given me the added inspiration I need to gett rock'n on it. Thanks!

I found the exact same bike for sale and bought it...

I found one of these a while back and didn't know exactly what it was. Good to know! Mine was an awful pastel yellow color with off white trim. Mine has the kidney bean wheels too, but the motor was toast and has since been stolen. I picked mine up for 60 bux, they had no idea what it was either:-D

Mine has these nifty hand made fenders, they're riveted together and very square. I took all the paint off of them and they look super cool. You can see the copper rivets in the metal. I painted the frame ford blue, it looks super cool.

If i sell my Gilson, I'll get it going. Or when I'm done building my RatRod, I'll get to it.

I'll see if i can snap a pic. ..

I found the exact same bike for sale and bought it...

I found one of these a while back and didn't know exactly what it was. Good to know! Mine was an awful pastel yellow color with off white trim. Mine has the kidney bean wheels too, but the motor was toast and has since been stolen. I picked mine up for 60 bux, they had no idea what it was either:-D

Mine has these nifty hand made fenders, they're riveted together and very square. I took all the paint off of them and they look super cool. You can see the copper rivets in the metal. I painted the frame ford blue, it looks super cool.

If i sell my Gilson, I'll get it going. Or when I'm done building my RatRod, I'll get to it.

I'll see if i can snap a pic. ..