Trying to find my old home made minibike from 1966 in Sheridan Wyoming

My dad wouldn't let me buy a motorcycle or have a car, so I did the next best thing. Built my own. Took an old wrecked 80 CC Suzuki trail bike, set the engine on a block and built the rest. A guy named Jim Barker helped with the welding, and I machined the hubs. Got an ID tag from the state, and licensed it in 66 and rode it as main transportation till 67. 75 MPH

Attachments

Wow, what a quest!
This wouldn't be like trying to find a needle in a haystack, it would be like trying to find the air in the eye of the needle in a haystack.

Still have the drawings for it. So yes I could rebuild. Much better materials available today. I have a 1970 Bonanza Ace 100 with the Hodaka 100 CC 5 speed, but the one I built was much more stable at higher speeds. The shock configuration also absorbed the road much better.

I think I do have a hammer big enough to wreck one if I see one driving by. I actually have a line on an engine here in town. I would go to larger tires this time. I had 5" wheels on the original one. 1 to 1 ratio to the back wheel. Went down to 11 tooth in front and 14 on the back later which made it nicer to ride. It was definitely a wheelie monster

I do not. It was a state issued ID tag, to young at the time to think of capturing that information. It was Sheridan Wyoming where I built and first licensed it in 1965

Might have luck on Facebook. Ask everyone local to share in hopes someone remembers what might have finally happened to it. Much larger audience.