Turbo Doodle Bug

Ok, so before any one shoots this idea down. I would like to say hi, I'm new to the site. I'm am buying a baja doodle bug 30 and I am planning on turbocharging it. So if you guys could help me or if anyone has already done this. I have seen some small turbos does anyone know where I can get one or who makes one?

Thanks,
Lightning :scooter:

Depends on your budget, the turbo you need would cost more than a 6.5hp engine :scared: Id get the 6.5hp then the turbo...just saves more money in the long run.

If turbocharging a small engine is anything like an automotive engine, you are going to have to figure out a way of enriching the mixture. Alcohol may be nice for this.

If you are looking for junkyard turbos that are as small as possible, check Twin Turbo Stealth's and 3000GT's(pretty rare finds in yards) or 1.8T Dubs and Audi's.

delray

lightning,take a look at that small engine connecting rod. that rod would snap off if you ran 4hp power threw it. you might want to try a 6.5 first:thumbsup:
:scooter:........................:chinese: something wong with my motor

Suzuki Swift turbo......if you can find it.....Id love the oil flange if you do :) Or a turbo off of a kawasaki GPZ. You won't blow the motor as long as you ask enough questions on this forum.

65ShelbyClone

Go check out MargayKart's thread in the Projects forum if you haven't already. That's what it takes to do turbocharging the right way. It can be simplified somewhat by using a carb and no intercooler, but it's not an undertaking for the faint of heart nor faint of wallet. I tried it with less than stellar results(but hey, I was using a Briggs! :thefinger:).

WoOt!

I really think this turbo idea can go far with the small engines. EFI or carburated there both very tunable. If I had the money I would sponsor a Briggs WF motor, but with Christmas and property taxes, I'm pretty much screwed.

Production Motors I would like to see turbo charged,

1. Briggs WF. Properly tuned I believe this could beat most all motor set ups.

2. Briggs 305. Torque city.

3. 10HP Tec Star. Best of both worlds.

4. Honda GX 200. Smooth and consistent I would imagine, HONDA.......

5. Van Guard(twin turbo)set up in full drag chassis with Polar set up......C-YA lates LA Street Kings.:wink:

65ShelbyClone

The main problem is block strength, followed by rod strength and oiling. The stock blocks are being overpowered even without forced induction and I've only seen aftermarket ones for flatheads and 305s. I put a hairdryer on 10hp flathead really just to see how much power it took before blowing chunks.

Here's a favorite of mine: