Twist grip slipping

Just when I was about to hi-jack somebodys thread, I lost the thread. All of my grips on the throttles slip. Somebody was saying what they was doing to fix the problem and they screwed it up.......Anyway.....Do I glue them:eek:ut: Some tacky spray:eek:ut: Any help appreciated. Thanks

jrzmac

thats what I used, spray on glue. I've heard you could use hair spray also, but my wife doesn't use the "Aqua Net" aerosol type so I found a can of spray glue. works great, i'll just never be able to swap out the grip on the throttle. though most of the time you have to buy the whole throttle assembly together, grip and all so,!!! I couldn't take the way the grip would slip when trying to ride. bad enough having to fight the governor, but fighting the grip also, losing battle so I glued the thing on. now when I floor it, the throttle doesn't slip back against the sleeve!

Just when I was about to hi-jack somebodys thread, I lost the thread. All of my grips on the throttles slip. Somebody was saying what they was doing to fix the problem and they screwed it up.......Anyway.....Do I glue them:eek:ut: Some tacky spray:eek:ut: Any help appreciated. Thanks
I call it yellow Snot! But I use "3M Weather Strip Adhesive" Its flexable and holds for quite awhile. I will admit I have had to re glue some after a year.

Also I can walk out to garage and peel the grip right off if needed.

george3

I call it yellow Snot! But I use "3M Weather Strip Adhesive" Its flexable and holds for quite awhile. I will admit I have had to re glue some after a year.

Also I can walk out to garage and peel the grip right off if needed.
Its called Gorilla snot, believe me I should know. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I just use electrical tape and wrap 2 spots for each end of the grip to the desired thickness to keep from slipping and call it a day... it comes back off in a hurry too if you need to take it off again.

Works great if you have a 1 inch grip and trying to mount it on a 7/8 in handle bar too...