Twist Throttle Assembly

I'm looking for a quality 7/8" throttle twist grip for my DB. All the ones I've seen (not that many) are of cheap quality.

Any suggestions?

Ya but it's $15 shipping for a $12 item...
Yeah shipping is sometimes higher than we would hope, I just bought a supercharger minibike gas tank on ebay, the winning bid was $9.99 and I paid $15 for shipping! OldMiniBikes warehouse has to pay the shipping and recieving guys regardless, I have come to accept these charges and while it seems silly I do understand! There is always ebay but you are getting back to the quality issues again there!

vette66_00

Yes its good quality. I just got one and there metal not plastic. Also at check out you can change the method of shipping and lower the cost. When I did mine I lowered it to around $6 for shipping.

Yes its good quality. I just got one and there metal not plastic. Also at check out you can change the method of shipping and lower the cost. When I did mine I lowered it to around $6 for shipping.
Thanks vette66,because of your post I just ordered one yesterday.We will see how it goes.

vette66_00

There was some question on how these work. Here is a couple pictures. The round end goes into the handle. The brass insert only is used with smaller cables (ex. bike derailleur cable).

I just received my throttle assembly identical to the one Vette6600 has pictured,prior post.I have a question,I went to feed my cable with barrel end thru the large hole after pulling the black plastic plug out.Problem is the barrel on my cable wont fit thru the hole.It's very close to going thru but a smigen to big.Am I doing this wrong? My barrel is identical to the one pictured in prior post.Help.

I just received my throttle assembly identical to the one Vette6600 has pictured,prior post.I have a question,I went to feed my cable with barrel end thru the large hole after pulling the black plastic plug out.Problem is the barrel on my cable wont fit thru the hole.It's very close to going thru but a smigen to big.Am I doing this wrong? My barrel is identical to the one pictured in prior post.Help.
I'm having the same problem. I got everything working good but the barrel on the cable wont fit inside the black piece...

I'm having the same problem. I got everything working good but the barrel on the cable wont fit inside the black piece...
It sounds like both of you have the motorcycle type cable. Did you purchase it from OldMiniBikes warehouse? If not then Im not sure what cable you have. Best thing is to go to you local Bike shop and buy a BMX brake cable it has the correct end on it and cable size.

It sounds like both of you have the motorcycle type cable. Did you purchase it from OldMiniBikes warehouse? If not then Im not sure what cable you have. Best thing is to go to you local Bike shop and buy a BMX brake cable it has the correct end on it and cable size.
Thanks Vette,

Just to clarify,do you feed the barrel thru the hole?And if so does your barrel go thru the hole just fine? Does the black plastic plug play a role with your cable?

I think I will grind off smaller the barrel so that it will fit thru the hole.I got my cable from a mini bike place.Funny thing is the barrel sits in the grip hole perfectly,same as your first pic in your last post.Who knows?

Last edited:
Ok here is all 5 pics in order I think this is what both of you are talking about. If you have a fitting on the other end of the cable it has to come off. Only the one in these pics should be on the cable. You must remove the cable from the housing to do these steps.

Last edited:
Thanks so much Vette,

Thats exactly how I envisioned it,how you have it pictured.The problem we are having is with the black plastic piece.The metal end of the conduit goes into the larger end of the black piece(In your last pic).But the other end of the black piece on ours is a tiny pin hole maybe just large enough for a naked cable to pass thru.There is no way I can see to feed anything thru that pinhole.How did you pass the barrel thru the black piece? Unless we were sent the wrong black piece? In the 3rd pic down I see you have the cable with barrel end going into the metal throttle housing,then the black piece,then the conduit.How in sam hill did you get the black piece on the cable like that,past the barrel? Maybe I can borrow a camera cause this is indeed a mystery.Thanks again!

Thanks Vette,

So thats how its done no wonder my barrel wouldnt fit thru the hole, it was never meant to.After your last post,I got it.All is well now and THANKS for your patience.What a ride this was.......

After it's assembled how do you keep the cable housing from sliding down the cable? The cable housing doesn't attach to the twist grip on mine.
You can stick a spring on the other end before you attach it to the brake, or you can make a small bracket that hold the other end. I'll see if I can find some pics, because this sounds really confusing after going back and rereading my post.