Twister? ATV? Does it float?

Hi All,

Finally got the Fat Bike on it's wheels today... Next is shimming the external driveline, mounting the handlebars and connecting a new band brake prior to launching down a steep driveway to check the steering geometry before putting some power on it.. Lastly, I hope to have some time to start shaping the aluminum rear & front triangle body panels and chain guard. FB without seat.jpg FB with bars.jpg Fat Bike On Wheels.jpg

chrisr

Hi All,

Finally got the Fat Bike on it's wheels today... Next is shimming the external driveline, mounting the handlebars and connecting a new band brake prior to launching down a steep driveway to check the steering geometry before putting some power on it.. Lastly, I hope to have some time to start shaping the aluminum rear & front triangle body panels and chain guard. View attachment 270029 View attachment 270030 View attachment 270031
Your steering rake is going to make for very sharp turns but also not very stable at anything than really, really slow speeds. You may want to consider pulling in the top of the forks which will give you more stability.

Your steering rake is going to make for very sharp turns but also not very stable at anything than really, really slow speeds. You may want to consider pulling in the top of the forks which will give you more stability.
That would be an obvious yes, this is not a high-speed machine and is geared for a top speed of 14 mph of which I will probably be using four or five of that on the terrain that it is designed for in my area. My other stock twisters and bikes satisfy the need for speed yet I still rarely exceed 20 miles an hour off-road. The bike is also designed to pull a trailer and be comfortable while pulling over downed trees and unique terrain.