Unidentified and a Gilson, I think.

Triley41395

I'm thinking the one with the engine is a Gilson. Anybody have a guess what the other is, I thought that the rounded rear wheel tabs would make it easier to identify but I can't seem to figure it out. 20220310_191009.jpg 20220310_191033.jpg 20220310_191050.jpg 20220310_191112.jpg

pomfish

Thin they were saying Careful because the forks are not bolted to the frame in the pics, front end is just propped up on neck.
As far as color this bike was Yellow, then Blue, then finally shitty black. look at the frame side tube under engine plate to see layers.
Fork tube is twisted to the side at bottom and probably locked up and frozen in rust.
Looks like it lived a hard life and unless it is dirt cheap.......... well, that there is a project my friend.

Your money for sure but I'd be looking for something a little more turn key. The money required to reassemble properly easily outweighs the value of finished product.

YMMV
Good luck with whatever you chose

Last edited:

Triley41395

Thin they were saying Careful because the forks are not bolted to the frame in the pics, front end is just propped up on neck.
As far as color this bike was Yellow, then Blue, then finally shitty black. look at the frame side tube under engine plate to see layers.
Fork tube is twisted to the side at bottom and probably locked up and frozen in rust.
Looks like it lived a hard life and unless it is dirt cheap.......... well, that there is a project my friend.

Your money for sure but I'd be looking for something a little more turn key. The money required to reassemble properly easily outweighs the value of finished product.

YMMV
Good luck with whatever you chose
You are correct about the forks, neither bike had the forks mounted when I bought them. I'm not sure if the bare frames forks are even original. As for the Gilson frame I do think the original color was yellow but believe it or not the forks are not rusted solid. I took the pictures in the dark so for some reason it really makes the surface rust look bad, they were in a garage and do look better in person. I'll definitely not restore them back to original, just to much money and time. I paid 50 for the frames and figured since I already have engines that if I put around 300 bucks and some parts I already have in them, they'll be riders.

Lizardking

Those will make some great riders as long as the frames are solid. Those Gilsons are some nice looking bikes. I wouldn't worry about finding all the original parts and just build them as riders and sell to fund other projects.

I'd keep the Gilson and build/sell the other. In my neck of the woods 50 bucks might get you the the handle bar forks from the 2nd bike! Good buy for the money.