Upgrade Advice for Tecumseh OHV 6.0 OHH60 Carb, Plug, etc.

Hey all!! I have a Tecumseh OHH60 motor and want to do a few simple mods/upgrades. The carb on the motor now is stock, I found a high performance carb on ebay (New High Power Racing Carburetor Tecumseh 640346 640305 Fit OHH50 55 60 65 | eBay) but the carb does not have a primer bulb, but does have a choke, will this work?
What about a performance spark plug? A company called Brisk makes a performance plug specifically for the OHH60, they are not cheap, but they claim to give you better performance. Are there any other simple upgrades/mods I can doe to this motor? Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
The motor is on a Carter Brothers Shortster. Thanx!!!
This is the link for the Brisk plug: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0055CB0N4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A22X85B6DS4B2X

Last edited:

CarPlayLB

"misfires are now controlled" says the fine print. How about NO misfires! The plug looks like fancy BS to me! Expensive BS at that!

$18 spark plugs are a scam or a ripoff. An NGK V-power runs about $2 and is as good as it gets for a stock-ish engine.

For a carburetor, just get a Tecumseh knockoff with adjustable needles off feebay. There is a 25% chance you'll get a bad one from China but for $15 I think it's worth the risk. :thumbsup: