USPS at its finest again...

Bought a book on March 17th and it appears to have traveled everywhere but to my house. Why would it leave KY and travel to PA before coming to SC? Kind of out of the way. It has been in Greenville distribution center for the last 3 days. I could drive there to get it and be back home in an hour. It has indicated that it will be delivered on Monday the 29th since Wednesday. Should have been here Thursday.

March 24, 2021, 9:46 pm
Processed at USPS Regional Destination Facility
GREENVILLE SC DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Your item was processed at our GREENVILLE SC DISTRIBUTION CENTER destination facility on March 24, 2021 at 9:46 pm.
March 24, 2021, 5:40 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
March 24, 2021, 2:40 pm
Departed USPS Facility
ATLANTA, GA 30354
March 24, 2021, 9:49 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
ATLANTA, GA 30354
March 23, 2021, 3:02 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
HARRISBURG PA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
March 23, 2021, 11:14 am
USPS in possession of item
LANCASTER, PA 17601
March 23, 2021, 10:07 am
Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
YORK, PA 17402
Shipping Partner: OSM WORLDWIDE
March 23, 2021, 8:21 am
Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
YORK, PA 17402
March 22, 2021, 2:25 pm
Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
GLENDALE HEIGHTS, IL 60139
March 22, 2021, 1:58 pm
Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
GLENDALE HEIGHTS, IL 60139
March 18, 2021, 12:47 pm
Picked Up by Shipping Partner, USPS Awaiting Item
HEBRON, KY 41048

pomfish

Looks like OSM WORLDWIDE is who you should have a beef with, ultimately the beef should be placed with the book seller for using 3rd party shipping but "That is a subject for another show" as Jerry Springer used to say :)

USPS does not get custody of package until it hits Lancaster, PA and then they get it to Greenville , SC in less than 24 hrs, not bad in my book.
Why it sits in distribution so long, don't know, maybe designated as last priority due to trans-shipping agreement?
Manchester may know more on this subject.

LANCASTER, PA 17601

Your item was processed at our GREENVILLE SC DISTRIBUTION CENTER destination facility on March 24, 2021 at 9:46 pm.

Anyway, Hope you get it soon!
Later,
Keith

desert rat

Gray hound Bus used to be a third person hauler for USPS. But now if you look on the buses they don't even operate their own buses any more. There is no telling who they are using.

Looks like OSM WORLDWIDE is who you should have a beef with, ultimately the beef should be placed with the book seller for using 3rd party shipping but "That is a subject for another show" as Jerry Springer used to say :)

USPS does not get custody of package until it hits Lancaster, PA and then they get it to Greenville , SC in less than 24 hrs, not bad in my book.
Why it sits in distribution so long, don't know, maybe designated as last priority due to trans-shipping agreement?
Manchester may know more on this subject.

LANCASTER, PA 17601

Anyway, Hope you get it soon!
Later,
Keith
I have learned something from this. I didnt even realize that it was shipped through a different carrier than USPS. I just "assumed" that the USPS tracking info was their handling of the item...

Thanks Keith! Now I see the difference in who was handling it.

It still seems odd to take the travel route it took. Add to that, why is it just sitting in Greenville? Who knows.

In all the years that I have had stuff shipped as well as shipping stuff, I have never had an item not show up. Knock on wood........