V-Plex driver question

Picked up this very nice condition V-Plex TC driver with 1'' bore the other day. Fits great, looks great but isnt there supposed to be a spring up inside where the arrow indicates? I get no resistance when I press in that half of the pulley.

So if it needs one, how do I open it up to add it? No obvious way of getting it apart. Does anyone have a diagram of the V-Plex driver?

Sprocket86

Picked up this very nice condition V-Plex TC driver with 1'' bore the other day. Fits great, looks great but isnt there supposed to be a spring up inside where the arrow indicates? I get no resistance when I press in that half of the pulley.

So if it needs one, how do I open it up to add it? No obvious way of getting it apart. Does anyone have a diagram of the V-Plex driver?
I have one of these on a basket case MTD mini bike. I don't believe there is a spring, the belt keeps it in the disengaged position until centrifugal force takes over via engine RPM increase and then the unit will engage the drive belt IMO but I could be wrong here.

markus

I have one of these on a basket case MTD mini bike. I don't believe there is a spring, the belt keeps it in the disengaged position until centrifugal force takes over via engine RPM increase and then the unit will engage the drive belt IMO but I could be wrong here.
same with mine :thumbsup:

Ok then thats great. I have another one that id press in and it did spring back like there was for sure something behind it. Anyway, sounds like itll work this way too. Thanks!

Sprocket86

No worries and your welcome :)

These symmetrical torque converters are a really hard thing to come by and I wonder how they compare in performance to a Comet 30 series Tav2 unit?