Valve spring tools

I wanted to see if i could swap the valve springs off one of my mini bikes as easy as possible so i made out of an old spark plug and air compressor nipple welded together the tool to compress the valves with air and another tool to squish the valve spring on the bike to get the spit keepers out. they are simple tools and the swap was very easy to do after just a spark plug and valve cover removal.
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335845805&icep_item=202903699944 the tool i made to remove the valve spring looks like this.

Last edited:
that technique scares me a bit but i guess with 120psi behind it it would take alot of pressure to make it drop. Last summer we did my brothers 350 chevy valve seals with the rope trick and some screwdrivers lol it was a pain took a couple days but it worked

that technique scares me a bit but i guess with 120psi behind it it would take alot of pressure to make it drop. Last summer we did my brothers 350 chevy valve seals with the rope trick and some screwdrivers lol it was a pain took a couple days but it worked
I first tried the rope trick but wasn't having good luck with it so i put these tools together, probably took my twenty minutes to make and it worked very nice and was easy too.

rugblaster

The trick is to use ski rope. Like for water skiing. It has enough spine to stay stiff while your shovin' in in the hole.

Smacking the retainers with a deep well socket and a brass hammer makes the keepers easier to get out, also.