Valve springs

Nope the dyno f275 grind is quite a bit different actually ... And they spec dual springs for the aggressive ramp even though I do not think that is necessary

Go to dyno cams and look at what they spec for their f275 grind ... I have used 26# springs for that cam before and it works well but it is speced for duals per the manufacturer .. in a parking lot you will not be using that cam for its intended purpose ...

Davis

Go to dyno cams and look at what they spec for their f275 grind ... I have used 26# springs for that cam before and it works well but it is speced for duals per the manufacturer .. in a parking lot you will not be using that cam for its intended purpose ...
It's not all just parking lot my shop is on a rural back road a few miles long so it will be wot for stretches.

Seems they don't make the f275 grind anymore just the cl275 and it is actually speced for 18# springs ... Just my opinion but Tim's cams are better ... And you are not stuck with just his signature grinds .. you can also get one of his custom grinds and create your own within reason ...

Here is another thing Davis , when you are building a motor it is more about the complete package ... One decision kind of dictates where you take the whole build ... The hemis usually stock are in the hole at least 20 they have a big chamber so comp. Ratio is already not great .. using a stock carb you will never see the full potential of a high lift cam ... That being said you can figure out a nice mild combo that does what you want it to .. a plus 20 rod , thin head gasket , 26# springs , locks and retainers , arc flywheel , Mamba jr cam and a good header and air filter and you will have a very respectable little motor

Davis

Here is another thing Davis , when you are building a motor it is more about the complete package ... One decision kind of dictates where you take the whole build ... The hemis usually stock are in the hole at least 20 they have a big chamber so comp. Ratio is already not great .. using a stock carb you will never see the full potential of a high lift cam ... That being said you can figure out a nice mild combo that does what you want it to .. a plus 20 rod , thin head gasket , 26# springs , locks and retainers , arc flywheel , Mamba jr cam and a good header and air filter and you will have a very respectable little motor
Thanks a bunch I'm gonna have to think on some of this as far as how far I wanna take a cheap motor or might be better off building one of my new gx200s or gx160s. I was kinda saving them for a more worthy bike or mini snowmobile.

Davis

I am no guru ....Lol... And you are doing just fine ... Cam really depends on what you are using it for ...And springs depend on cam
So I got all my parts and just put the new valve springs on a the buttons that sit on top of the valve don't fit into the new retainers.

Davis

Wouldn't help at this point just yet they sent me the wrong valve retainers the ones they sent are for a different valve. God these are a pain I've only ever played with Briggs flatheads!

Davis

Who sent you the wrong ones? Can you post a picture? Are you using ss valves or stock valves?
Stock and the retainers are for stainless valves prob my bad but I dunno why arc says you can run stock retainers on #26lb springs and OldMiniBikes is selling the same spring and recommends the other retainers I don't get it.