Valve springs

Davis

I'm building a predator up and am gonna order the last two parts today billet rod and valve springs I just don't know what springs to get.

If you are doing a hemi head motor that's what I would get the #26's Don't get the 18# as they will coil bind. Just make sure you get the correct retainers and locks to.

Davis

If you are doing a hemi head motor that's what I would get the #26's Don't get the 18# as they will coil bind. Just make sure you get the correct retainers and locks to.
Is there a kit? And is this stuff to get from OldMiniBikes?

I like the 275 lift as I have a black mamba cam from Tim Isky and its a 275 lift nice little camshafts. The dyno cam might have a little different profile than the black mamba....but the lift is the same. But its your $$$$$.

You could get a cam from Tim....heres his store and I'm sure he has the springs and stuff to.
STORE

Lets get trinik over here and get his thoughts on this. [MENTION=43506]trinik7597[/MENTION]

Last edited:

Davis

Mostly just cruising around my shop parking lot no racing just want a little more nut. It's goin in my rat bonanza bc1300 it has a stage one in it now and does ok.

The black mamba is a 246 duration/.275 lift cam and it requires at least a 3000 rpm clutch engagement for it to work well starting out with a centrifugal clutch. The idle on these is really cool sounding however. The black mamba jr. is a 230 degree cam with the same .275 lift. It has more bottom end and super midrange and still will pull to 7K rpm. It is a little more critical of valve spring because of the faster lift of the cam. In your case it would be fine as the hemi has a shorter install height giving a bit more seat pressure.

I vote black mamba Jr instead of the Sr. I had the Sr on my non hemi predator, while it was fun it just didn't have that low end torque that the mamba Jr has and for parking lot cruising short blips of full throttle sounds like the mamba Jr will fit the bill. But like Davis I was just cruising, torque is what I was after and not top end. The black mamba Jr and Sr both require 26# springs. Just my opinion though, Ole and Trinik know their stuff.