Valve train trouble/ question on a predator 212 non Hemi

TxRat

Hey guys new here.

I'm in the process of putting an engine together using the OldMiniBikes stage 4 kit. Everything is going fine until I went to put the head together provided in the kit. The valves from my existing head are loose in the OldMiniBikes provided head. I plan to call OldMiniBikes tomorrow and see what my options are. I would like to find a set of stainless valves with automotive keepers like what came in my head but with the larger stems if possible. Does anyone have a source for these valves?

I tried to add a picture but it's denying it.

TxRat

Sorry I guess I didn't make myself clear. The valve stems are loose in the guides. The guides in the OldMiniBikes head are are bigger than the head from the engine I took apart.

TxRat

98F1963E-EA88-4BEF-A729-4D4C2D3F9A7E_zpsjdw2qkxl.jpg

The head on the left came from the engine I took apart. The one on the right came from the OldMiniBikes stage 4 kit. The guides are bigger in the head on the right.

Last edited:
Your valve stems are to small if you had the automotive type keepers on it, they are 5mm , you will have to get some new valves for any of the clones or the other predators they are all 5.5 mm. Is your valves 27mm Int. and 25mm Exh. ?

TxRat

Your valve stems are to small if you had the automotive type keepers on it, they are 5mm , you will have to get some new valves for any of the clones or the other predators they are all 5.5 mm. Is your valves 27mm Int. and 25mm Exh. ?
that's what I was hoping someone would reply with. yes my valves are 27mm and 25mm. thanks for the help.

If you are going to get new valves I would get ss valves and aluminum retainers and buy a set of the positive keepers like what you had on it.

TxRat

I'm pretty new to this stuff, do you have a recommendation as to where and possibly part numbers? if its against the rules can you PM me the info?

Thanks