VC460 mods

chrisr

I was looking for my next upgrade and contemplated porting a VC460, GX390, and/or Predator 420 head. I ended up watching a LOT of videos and took the plunge on mildly porting my VC460 head as well as installed 1.3:1 roller rockers. Off the line start it launches much harder, ~250 more RPM at WOT and +5 more MPH. I installed a VC timing key at 6 degrees advance prior to this last change and it sometimes kicked back while pull starting it and that hurt. Now it does not seem to do that, so I am contributing this to the 1.3:1 rockers since the valve end gap is the same both with the 1.1:1 and the new roller rockers.

This video of all of them I thought was really good for a high level overview on porting heads.

Attachments

chrisr

On the valve train, I meant stock valves and stock keepers?
I was wondering how they would do with single 50# springs.
what rpm do u spin the engine to?
I was thinking of getting that cam, but the 0411 grind one, but then I just got a brand new Dyno cams 275 for $75.

chrisr

On the valve train, I meant stock valves and stock keepers?
I was wondering how they would do with single 50# springs.
what rpm do u spin the engine to?
I was thinking of getting that cam, but the 0411 grind one, but then I just got a brand new Dyno cams 275 for $75.
Stock valves and keepers that came with the VC460. The engine runs between 1200-5500 and cruises around 3000 most of the time.

Ok I was looking at them and it says different ones should be used.
‘How do you like them over all? So you lift is about .364 then?
‘No issues with piston to valve clearance?