Velodrome

Itype2slo

I went to a large lawn mower shop in Anaheim today for parts and guidance the guy I talked to said the owner was the minibikes guy. A minute later the owner came out fixed my throttle and we talked for a while. The man was a wealth of knowledge I mentioned OldMiniBikes he said he knows those guys. He then out of the blue asked if I was going to the races in industry next week he then told me about riding minis in the encino velodrome if you were ever to see it it would be a dream he said he rode with the San Fernando guys it sounded awesome. I looked up the thread Encino Velodrome. it sounded like it went political and ugly.Too Bad it went that way. I can't believe you guys rode the velodrome. How sweet that must of been too bad guys got hurt. But the freaking velodrome.wow.

I was born and raised in Anaheim and as a kid with minis in early 70's there was a lawnmower shop and the young kid who worked there at the time was the mini bike guy , he bought fixed and sold minis , I wonder if it's same guy , I wanna say his name was Dennis but can't be sure on that !:thumbsup:

Street Smart

60 bike, wow thats crazy, would have loved to see that.
I keep imagining it like roller derby on TV with elbows flying and drop kicks lol.

Itype2slo

I was born and raised in Anaheim and as a kid with minis in early 70's there was a lawnmower shop and the young kid who worked there at the time was the mini bike guy , he bought fixed and sold minis , I wonder if it's same guy , I wanna say his name was Dennis but can't be sure on that !:thumbsup:
He said his name was Paul his shop is at Mira loam and blue gum.

60 bike, wow thats crazy, would have loved to see that.
I keep imagining it like roller derby on TV with elbows flying and drop kicks lol.
yes it was crazy fun ,a lot of broken bones and stitches/not all 60 raced at once there was three elimination races with the top 5 or 6 moving on to the next round until there was only 3 left

yes it was crazy fun ,a lot of broken bones and stitches/not all 60 raced at once there was three elimination races with the top 5 or 6 moving on to the next round until there was only 3 left
That was my first minibike race ever on a stock anza framed Tek 6.5hp motor with a tav and I finished 4th place!
It was really fun! too bad it couldn't happen again.

edwin

hey whats up fellas ? the terrordrome was the business.... i was a victim of a broken collar bone that day but id do it all over again if i could.... but not after winning the first heat of the fast guys ! and oh yeah whos on the cover of the sfvisbf terrordrome video.... yup thats me when i broke the my collar...

Dave whats up buddy ? i know you still got bicycles.... cruz over if your in the hood..

Last edited: