Vibration on mini bike

Hey thought maybe I could get some help here... I have a doodle bug dB30 with a harbor freight blue greyhound 6.5 engine and pmr jack shaft on it. Ever since I installed it there is tons of vibration on the mini bike. Is this normal or should it ride smooth? What should I check for and what should I do?

thanks in advance,
Martin

Remove the clutch from the motor, start the motor and rev it a bit to the speed that you felt the vibration when riding it. See if it is still happening. If not then you have eliminated the motor as the cause, Next if it was not the motor, install the clutch but leave the chain off, repeat the test and if it is still not vibrating check the balance of the rear tire. Let us know your results as you narrow down the root cause. Once you know that then maybe we can suggest a course of action.

Remove the clutch from the motor, start the motor and rev it a bit to the speed that you felt the vibration when riding it. See if it is still happening. If not then you have eliminated the motor as the cause, Next if it was not the motor, install the clutch but leave the chain off, repeat the test and if it is still not vibrating check the balance of the rear tire. Let us know your results as you narrow down the root cause. Once you know that then maybe we can suggest a course of action.
Sounds good I’ll try it when i get home from work... thanks for the advice and I’ll keep up with updates...

I74

Rear tires are a ''MF'. !

I got 40 buck GPS street tires on my GX, & the left ''rear'' side is feathering ''bad'',, w around /200 miles on it.
Am replacing that tire ASAP.

It's a 4 ply, & not down to chords yet,, but spots in it are so bad, that those push in with your thumb ect,, ''real easy''.
Think the chords on that side probably failed due to a bike generally takes longer left turns anyway, plus heat ect. I think that the axel needs shimmed up on the left side a bit more also, & ''back'' on that side too.
Last tire feathered the same way also,, & I did shim a bit,, but not enough....

Basically, you gott'a use a Dremel or file ect.,
You grind out a bit of the top & back of the left frame axel bore/boss,, & then cut a pop can shim ect.,, & fold it to the right thickness,,, & get it ''in'' the opposite sides where you ground or filed.

This will help in alignment if you have a left rear side tire wear problem.

Jack shafts,,
you need to make sure the sprockets are running in line & true, especially with when you tighten the grub screws to much,, the sprocket will run out of round ''per say'' , & make tight & loose spots in the chains.
I take adhesive heater duct aluminum tape, & put a small strip or too on the opposite sides of the grub screws.
It takes up from tightening pull of the grub screws, & helps ''a lot'' in centering the sprockets.

Make sure the plate is true also,, & has ''large OD'' washers with the engine bolts.

I personally use stainless hardware, especially washers,, & ''all n all'',, these little things ''do'', add up,, to make a difference … ;)

I

Last edited:
After trying everything you guys suggested finally got the vibration gone. The clutch sprocket, jack shaft sprocket and rear tire sprocket were not lined up. Vibration is gone now at higher speeds. Thanks a bunch fellas. Much appreciated!