Vintage Arctic Cat mini-bike

TODK

Does anyone know where I might be able to find a NOS or reprint operator manual for a 1972 Arctic Cat Prowler mini-bike which illustrates a wiring diagram ? Or a wiring diagram for a Sachs Saxonette engine that runs a headlight and brake light ?

Thanks !!

Does anyone know where I might be able to find a NOS or reprint operator manual for a 1972 Arctic Cat Prowler mini-bike which illustrates a wiring diagram ? Or a wiring diagram for a Sachs Saxonette engine that runs a headlight and brake light ?

Thanks !!
I can help you. NOS is non existent but I am working on a reprint.

Pretty basic wiring on a '72 Prowler. There's a yellow and a black wire coming out of the engine. Run them in some 1/4" black plastic tubing or heat shrink tube up the frame to under the seat. Leave some slack, as the engine will flex. Route and zip tie so it hangs freely away from heat and chain.

At the top, "T" the yellow wire, one leg to the positive on the tail light, the other to the single wire on the headlight. The body of the headlight is self grounding. On the tail light, ground the spare lead, usually black. The black wire on the engine goes to the kill switch. The engine is grounded automatically through the muffler clamped to the frame. Use some black tubing when routing the headlight and kill switch wires from the "T" to the headstock. That makes it a bit more like the original.

Clear as mud?

TODK

Yes, I would like to wire with brake switches. Also looking for brake cables with switches and a throttle cable if you have them.

Thanks

72 Prowler's were not wired with brake switches, only certain 71 models with 6" wheels. I've got a throttle cable somewhere, most likely NOS, as well as a few other parts. I'll send more info via PM.

TODK

I would like to buy a throttle cable and front/rear brake cable (no brake switches) and a copy of the 1972 Prowler owners manual if you have it.

Thanks, just let me know how much.

72 Prowler's were not wired with brake switches, only certain 71 models with 6" wheels. I've got a throttle cable somewhere, most likely NOS, as well as a few other parts. I'll send more info via PM.
@ArcticMinibike I saw this old thread.....I have a 1971 Prowler with brake light switches in the cables and need some directions / wiring diagram on how to hook them up. They were bypassed years ago by the previous owner and I am in need to replace the cables and want to put it back to original. Can you provide the wiring diagram and walkthrough what I would need to do to get them fixed back up?

Thanks!

Ding Ding

I haven't seen ArcticMinibike around here for quite some time. You may not get a response.

I have a wiring diagram, but it is for a Tecumseh engine and not the Sachs. It may still be partially applicable....

I haven't seen ArcticMinibike around here for quite some time. You may not get a response.

I have a wiring diagram, but it is for a Tecumseh engine and not the Sachs. It may still be partially applicable....

could you please send me the wiring diagram showing the wiring for connectors in the brake cables , thanks