Vintage Argyle Cub Folding Scooter Project

Hello, I have a 1950s-60s Argyle Cub "Dinky Cycle" Folding Scooter. It has a very solid Cast Aluminum Frame. A 2.5 Hp 2-stroke Clinton "Panther" Single-Cylinder engine with good compression. The motor is complete and together. It is pretty complete for the most part. I just don't have time to do this one so someone else can have it. I would like to get $650.00 for it as it sits in the pictures! I am located in N.Y, 12771

Attachments

RogerA

Hello, I have a 1950s-60s Argyle Cub "Dinky Cycle" Folding Scooter. It has a very solid Cast Aluminum Frame. A 2.5 Hp 2-stroke Clinton "Panther" Single-Cylinder engine with good compression. The motor is complete and together. It is pretty complete for the most part. I just don't have time to do this one so someone else can have it. I would like to get $650.00 for it as it sits in the pictures! I am located in N.Y, 12771
I MADE A DEAL AND PAID FOR THIS MINI BIKE, OVER A MONTH AGO! SELLER KEPT MY MONEY AND HAS NOT SHIPPED OR ANSWERED MY EMAILS.

Hey @Bouch8769 ...sounds like you have some 'splaining' to do.

Roger is a very respected member here. And it sounds like you've done him wrong.

You have an opportunity to make it right.

Please do so. NOW.

@Moderator excuse me, if I've broken any rules with this.

RogerA

Here is a link to where he tried to sell the Argyle Scooter on E Bay in January. After it did not sell. I contacted him on Face Book, made an offer, he declined it. After a week or so, he contacted me to accept the offer and I did. I paid by PPFF. MISTAKE!!!! First it was a blizzard and he could not ship. Then a tree fell on his house and he could not ship. Then no answers to my emails. Now here it is for sale. Here is the link,
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335845805&icep_item=224331634058

RogerA

Roger...Thank you for the heads up on this piece of "corpse slime". I hope you can get a refund!
THANK YOU. But as I sent the funds PPFF undesignated, I have no recourse and cannot recover the money or take any kind of action against the seller. I'm just glad I was able to warn all the members here.

Lizardking

New York people on here might know this fraud. His name is now out and can be found with some effort. I don't have faceboo but someone with an account can spread this to the mini bike community. @Moderator thread move is needed.

Last edited:

RogerA

New York people on here might know this fraud. His name is now out and can be found with some effort. I don't have faceboo but someone with an account can spread this to the mini bike community. @Moderator thread move is needed.
I will not pursue it any farther. I had given up on the scooter and knew he was not going to ship it. I was embarrassed and knew I had been taken on the deal. I just put all this information out here so no one else would be taken by this fraud. Thanks again to @manchester1 for alerting me to his sale post. Without her help he might have got away with it again.