Vintage Class Rupp Roadster Rebuild

j57little

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. I'm very close to getting the title and registration done so this machine will be fully street legal. I wasn't planning to ride it much, but it really runs great, so having a plate on it means I can ride it legally (not like when I was a kid - always dodging the cops and hoping not to get caught!).

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. I'm very close to getting the title and registration done so this machine will be fully street legal. I wasn't planning to ride it much, but it really runs great, so having a plate on it means I can ride it legally (not like when I was a kid - always dodging the cops and hoping not to get caught!).
How about sharing your experience with us on how you did this? I am sure there are many others with Rupp Roadsters (my son and myself included) that would like to do this and could learn from you.
Michael

j57little

The registration process varies from state to state, but there are some basics. I'll PM what I have learned.

Last edited:
Thank you. What I am MOST interested in is the process you are going through to get it "street legal". I know that every state DMV is different, but any tips or recommendations you can pass along would be appreciated.
Michael

j57little

Hi Michael,

That's another long story and I'll spare the general public, but I have sent you a PM.
Hi Michael,

That's another long story and I'll spare the general public, but I have sent you a PM.

In general here's the equipment items I am aware of:

Headlight - some states require high and low beam (mine does)
Tail Light
Brake Light
Mirror(s) - Left in most states, left and right in some
Horn
Brakes - most states require brakes front and rear
Insurance - my state considers anything on two wheels faster than 30mph to be a motorcycle and if registered it must be registered as a motorcycle.
Turn Signals - optional by state

Thanks,
Jack

Thanks,
Jack

Last edited: