Vintage Class Rupp Roadster Rebuild

j57little

It's a Roller!

OriginalRuppTire.jpg RollingFrame2.JPG TripleTree.JPG Front Wheel.JPG DrivenEnd.JPG Final Tank.JPG RollingFrame1.JPG

I'm trying to adapt some fenders to this project since the original fenders are unavailable. Then the engines goes on and it will be done!

j57little

Thanks Doc, The color matching was one of the few items that I could not do myself, but I had a great shop custom match it and it did come out spot-on when compared to an original chip tucked way up under the tank that I saved. I was tempted, but now I am glad that I did not change the color. Jack

j57little

Thanks! I'll come up with some brackets to make the fenders work and look good, but I am open to any ideas! Basically I need a 4-inch wide fender and I have 4.5. I can neck the fender down to clear the forks, but the bracket to attach it to the forks is where I'll really have to get creative!

j57little

Finished-1.JPG Finished-2.JPG Finished-3.JPG Finished-4.JPG

The engine is finished and will be installed in a few days. The fenders are temporary, but as close as I could get for now. The rear shock spring caps are also temporary, waiting for chrome to come back. Too bad I could not come up with a decent headlight.

Last edited:

j57little

Thanks Doc,

Lovin' the color myself and I'm almost done! I restored my engine, but wanted an expert to check it over before running it. I sent it to Tony Vavala in Vermont. Great guy - really knows his stuff (like Markus!). Thanks to Bob Gaudette for the referral. My engine should be back on Wednesday ready to install. It is an original Roadster 2 HS40. I also have an original TC-1, so this bike will be pretty darn close to original all-around. Even the front tire is an original Rupp tire. The correct fenders and headlight will be going on as soon as I can find them and get them plated, hopefully before fall sets in. I think I'll have a front fender later today, but chrome takes months...oh well.

Last edited: