Vintage Minibike Lil Indian Rarest Minibike In The World

Addicted 2 Minis

Just about every day I search eBay for any new "Lil" Indian listings. When I happened upon this listing, I knew it wouldn't be long before it ended up here. As a "Lil" Indian collector myself, I would love to have this amazing piece of Lil Indian history. Unfortunately, I'm not super rich ( as most mini bike enthusiast probably aren't ) or else it would be in my collection. It does have a really good story but without documentation, it doesn't mean much. If it were all original ( which it isn't ), the high price would be somewhat justifiable. Every part on this bike minus the frame and wheels is relatively easy to purchase and if one wanted to do so it would probably cost them in the range of $1,500-$2,000, most of which would be for the West Bend 610 and Hands wheels. The one thing that strikes me odd is the fact that it even came to auction. I don't know about you but if I were the founder, the creator of "Lil" Indian and 60 years later the opportunity to purchase the second bike I ever built was presented to me, I would have bought it myself.

Addicted 2 Minis

Using his own pictures as proof that this appears to be a bogus story. In the b&w photo, you can see the rear axle strap doesn't have a hole, on the bike in his listing it does. I don't think they started doing that until production bikes were being produced. Next on the list, in the b&w photo you can see how much space is between the nut and where the tube starts to crimp, it almost goes to the inside most part of the outer rim. Again, the bike in the listing has less space between the nut and where the tube starts to crimp. Also look at the front axle nut, in the b&w photo, the flats of the nut are as wide as the crimped part of the fork tube. The bike in his listing has ample space from the edge of the nut to the outer portion of the crimped part of the tube, even with the nut turned at the points. these aren't tricks on the eye due to angles of the pictures, I really don't think it's the same bike. The height of the forks don't seem the same either, the bike in the listing seems to have taller bars and the bend doesn't appear to be the same either. Not just the amount of bend but where it starts to bend as well. If I'm not mistaken, the first bikes had 3/4" forks, that would explain the nut being as wide as the crimped area in the b&w photo as opposed to the bike in the listing which appears to have 7/8" forks. Cool story bro, but it ain't worth $12,500 to me.

005.jpg 006.jpg 007.jpg

When that bike was at the Michigan show a couple weeks ago, I don't know why he didn't get Ray to write something up about the bike. Or take a short video. 2 of the Mirchina (not sure I spelled that correctly) brothers were at the show. I'm sure Ray would of signed the bike.

When that bike was at the Michigan show a couple weeks ago, I don't know why he didn't get Ray to write something up about the bike. Or take a short video. 2 of the Mirchina (not sure I spelled that correctly) brothers were at the show. I'm sure Ray would of signed the bike.
A buddy of mine went to have a bike signed a while back, they wanted $25, he was like "forget that!".

bbiggs54

Sorry, not sure how to take that comment..........you must have rubbed shoulders with the kid............like I said Ray IS a good guy

bbiggs54

Ray will jump through hoops for you it's the boy that's got the tude, it's too bad he gets a bad rap from the brat, maybe that's why the business has been declining for the past few years.

Call Ray @ Allied Leisure He will take care of you. Avoid the Kid like coronavirus as mentioned.Good Luck.Nice bike but but does not pass the smell test.Does not have ANY HARD PROOF.Also claims on eBay that it is the worlds rarest.Has anyone checked to see if this guys nose is growing?

Ray will jump through hoops for you it's the boy that's got the tude, it's too bad he gets a bad rap from the brat, maybe that's why the business has been declining for the past few years.
Yeah, I've dealt with Regis before, real nice guy, very helpful and knew just what I needed without the book. Some of their prices don't make sense on the smalls but overall, I've been happy. I wouldn't throw out the bushel because of one bad apple.

Sorry to here about the shipping problems.I always order from Ray and never had a problem.Have gotten a break on the small things or it would be to costly.I Really hope Ray opens his eyes and maybe put the son over his knee.Oh! You get sued for that these days.

Using his own pictures as proof that this appears to be a bogus story. In the b&w photo, you can see the rear axle strap doesn't have a hole, on the bike in his listing it does. I don't think they started doing that until production bikes were being produced. Next on the list, in the b&w photo you can see how much space is between the nut and where the tube starts to crimp, it almost goes to the inside most part of the outer rim. Again, the bike in the listing has less space between the nut and where the tube starts to crimp. Also look at the front axle nut, in the b&w photo, the flats of the nut are as wide as the crimped part of the fork tube. The bike in his listing has ample space from the edge of the nut to the outer portion of the crimped part of the tube, even with the nut turned at the points. these aren't tricks on the eye due to angles of the pictures, I really don't think it's the same bike. The height of the forks don't seem the same either, the bike in the listing seems to have taller bars and the bend doesn't appear to be the same either. Not just the amount of bend but where it starts to bend as well. If I'm not mistaken, the first bikes had 3/4" forks, that would explain the nut being as wide as the crimped area in the b&w photo as opposed to the bike in the listing which appears to have 7/8" forks. Cool story bro, but it ain't worth $12,500 to me.

View attachment 259151 View attachment 259152 View attachment 259153
looks like it was just pieced together hoping keen eyes could not tell but i did notice all the points you noticed also just crazy