VINTAGE Racing Go Karts

I knew that seat looked familiar.

This is a FOX "Mini-Go-Boy" I owned about 25 years ago...

It had a set of 4" magnesium LeMans wheels, cast aluminum pedals, "Satellite seat", engine turned floor pan with a gold Fox Go-Boy crest on it. The steering wheel was so small you could grab it around the circumference with one hand.

Those are 12" floor tiles....the whole kart was only 3 ft long, you could tuck it under your arm and carry it like a toy...

Somebody added the old CAL Custom air scoop, it was on it when I got it. They drilled holes in the top of the B&S air cleaner so it was actually functional.

Sold it a long time ago and always wondered what became of it.......

Here's My Simplex Challenger

DSC00953.JPG simp1.jpg This is an old Simplex I found on craigslist a few years back. It had the original aluminum wheels that I'm in the process of restoring along with the original rear axle/drum brake assembly. To get it in running shape, I installed a 1" live axle setup with 5" rear wheels and a 60t sprocket. 4" Azusalite wheels were the only things that would fit on the original Simplex spindles, so that's what you see in the "after" photo. I put on a clutch brake at first just to be able to test it on a parking lot, and, of course, it didn't work all that well. A 212 Predator with a header and free flow air cleaner works for now. Someday I will get a period-authentic Clinton Panther or West Bend 820......
The kart still had its original upholstery, which was used as a template for a new seat cover. It's a work in progress...the Predator moves the thing pretty well and gets up to about 38 mph with 12/60 gearing.

Rupp Chapparal Enduro with a rare Chapparal body. Only about 2 were ever produced. Has a dash with 2 gauges and dash plaques from late 60s early 70s. Ran out in Wa, state This is an actual race car with history. Not a yard kart. Had a sponser back in the day.

Go Kart 800 that has a butchered up rear end. Someone welded plates to use pillow blocks for the rear axle along with some other things that have been changed. It could be fixed.