Vintage signs

Found this cool sign over the weekend on a pick. Inspired me for this thread.:laugh: Post some pictures of cool signs from the good old days. [MENTION=5969]markus[/MENTION], I know you have that cool Lil Indian sign.

markus

Found this cool sign over the weekend on a pick. Inspired me for this thread.:laugh: Post some pictures of cool signs from the good old days. [MENTION=5969]markus[/MENTION], I know you have that cool Lil Indian sign.
Yup still got the Original lighted lil indian sign....took most of my signs down though recently and stuck them in a storage area and sold a few off.

Do you still have the Huffy lubrication center I sent you with the bike? not really a sign but a wicked cool piece :thumbsup:

I got this off Evil Bay , guy said it was a Nascar oil clock. I figured it was just a copy...but it was made by Chaney Instruments, Lake Geneva Wi. and it works great for $25.00...:smile:

capguncowboy

Yup still got the Original lighted lil indian sign....took most of my signs down though recently and stuck them in a storage area and sold a few off.

Do you still have the Huffy lubrication center I sent you with the bike? not really a sign but a wicked cool piece :thumbsup:
Mark, did you get that one Tecumseh engine sign from a guy on CL up here? There was one just like that on a metal wire rack a couple of years ago

markus

Mark, did you get that one Tecumseh engine sign from a guy on CL up here? There was one just like that on a metal wire rack a couple of years ago
All my signs have been found on ebay, cant really remember where they came from as far as locations as its been awhile. that smaller '60s era one is a flanged double sided sign for the side of a building. Heres when I got it pre cleanup:

This just arrived today and it cleaned up real nice!!!! I saw this tecumseh/power products sign pop up on ebay with a buy it now option and jumped, it was a great price even though it is covered in paint and roofing tar. I figured its probably just going to be hung flat on the wall in my small space so I can live with a trashed side.

Heres from the ebay listing:

Right out of the box I started working on the bad side, thankfully there is a clearcoat over the original script and it it held up to some pretty good abuse of goo gone for the tar, lacquer thinner on the over spray super clean and a 0000 steel wool pad, buffer, and finally some wax :doah:

not perfect but not bad for a sign from the early 60's era that had that much crap on it I would say :thumbsup: now to find a spot for it in the wall!!!!

after shots: