Vw baja bug kart

I love it! Sorry to sound like a FB’er but wanted to share a Full sized Baja Buggy story, this reminded me of. ”Back in the day” I used to cover my stinger with a coffee can to keep rain out of it, when parked. One day after parking and installing the can, the percolating carburetor, backfired/detonated/whatever and launched the can across the parking lot of the gym I lived next to. Scared the crap outta’ me & some really big guys. I’m not & was glad the one who handed it back to me was smiling. It almost hit him on his way inside. True story.

markus

I love it! Sorry to sound like a FB’er but wanted to share a Full sized Baja Buggy story, this reminded me of. ”Back in the day” I used to cover my stinger with a coffee can to keep rain out of it, when parked. One day after parking and installing the can, the percolating carburetor, backfired/detonated/whatever and launched the can across the parking lot of the gym I lived next to. Scared the crap outta’ me & some really big guys. I’m not & was glad the one who handed it back to me was smiling. It almost hit him on his way inside. True story.
I had a vinyl one that you could get from EMPI, well quite a few because I always forgot they were on there :) I launched one across a row of cars at a VW show getting ready to leave I saw a guy in my rearview jumping like he was catching a football pass going for it. I ponied up for the curved downward setup with a supertrapp when I built the new engine shortly after that! MVC-014F.JPG MVC-004S.JPG