Wanted: Bolt on Grasshopper Handlebars

Looking for original early bolt on Ruttman Grasshopper handlebars, or something as close to it as possible. They look just like the bars on the one piece Grasshopper fork/bars, very turned down chopper looking. Taking a longshot before I have them made, ya never know.

I have two sets. I would sell one. But they would need to be rechromed. They are rare! Have not seen on bay for many years. Probable the last set were the ones I scored. Anyway, you mentioned they are early bars. I would disagree. They are very late bars... the story goes as follows..per Mr. MeanDean..
Ruttman was reducing costs/inventory late years in manufacturing. Creating new fork cheaper to manufacture as two pcs. And turning the clutch guard into a soup can style cover. My bike is original and has a 74 serial. Joker might have more info... as this is what I was lead to believe.

Thanks I sent you a pm. Anyone with more info or photos of Grasshoppers with the separate handlebars and the different clutch guards please post, it will be much appreciated help on this one!

You should have pics of the bars in your message box.... I will try to find pics of the complete I scored years ago. It would show bike with these bars.

Last edited: