Wanted : copy of tweaking the tek parts 1 & 2 from minibike guide magazine circa 1971

OLDCARBX: Keep me posted also. I remember reading all 3 parts as a kid, the third part was in the MBG May 1970 Page 50, Entitled, "Shape Up For Spring". If any of our members have the issues that have theses installments I would love to get a copy also, (Revererting back to childhood here). Could trade some Tec parts or Whiskey Money, (Beer....yuck). Thanks

markus

"shape up for spring" was a different series and was more of a tune up/how to rebuild the engine. "Tweaking the teke", was what Ron's did to the yellowjacket engines pretty much, focusing on if I can remember right an H50- if someone can come up with part one, I can come up with part Two, I gather cbx has part three and we can get them all listed up for everyone to see :shrug:

Thanks for responding ,but I unfortunately I don't have any instalments of the article. I didn't realize there were three parts , I only remember two. I believe one of the articles was in the May 1971 issue if that helps.

As a stimulus, now offering CRAFT beer money, not CHEAP beer money. Get back some of the hundred bucks you paid for that back issue.

markus

Summer 1971 (first and I think only edition) "mini bike world" magazine had a really good article as well highlighting a bunch of the performance stuff at the time for the Briggs, Tecs, and Hodaka's. Ron's was the major player for modding the Tec's and Briggs at the time so alot of the products are shown in there. Not super technical as in specs etc.. but a a neat one to go through as well....It could have been a way better magazine than mini bike guide put out, but they were late to party.

Part 3 of "Tweaking the Teke" was in MBG July 1971 with a Little Lord Fancy Pants looking kid on a Suzuki on the cover. Said they got 16 HP out of a 5 HP Tecumseh.

Quick Google search yielded nothing about the "Yellow Jacket" engine. I'd love to see more about those. Thanks for posting up this article, it was very interesting but probably old hat for most of the experienced engine builders.

Thanks Ajf for posting the article on yellow jacket teks. It looks like the article that Marcus mentioned from Minibike world magazine. Same engine just a different take on it.

I'm still looking for all THREE installments of "tweaking the tek from Minibike Guide..

markus

Thanks Ajf for posting the article on yellow jacket teks. It looks like the article that Marcus mentioned from Minibike world magazine. Same engine just a different take on it.

I'm still looking for all THREE installments of "tweaking the tek from Minibike Guide..
Thats not the Mini bike world article, But thats a way cool one that I have never seen before (thanks AJF very, neat to see :thumbsup:)

On another note, I did find installment #3 after Johnny T. reminded us it was the issue with the Nancy boy on the trailhopper for the cover :laugh: so I can come up with #2 June '71 and #3 July '71, guessing in it was May '71 issue, I dont recall ever having that one. no good without the first, if someone posts up #1 I'd do the rest!

Bayareaburrito uploaded the Briggs yellowjacket article many years ago for all those Tec hater's out there :laugh: can be found in this thread concerning Gene Woods Taco race bike :thumbsup:

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/mini-bike-discussion/41346-taco-100-yellow-jacket.html

I appreciate your posting it up. But there is a taskbar across each page. Please Email tor raaikens@ AOL.com
Thats because I was in a rush and posted screen shots from my phone. Its not blocking any of the article if that's what you are worried about. Is it readable on whatever you are viewing it on? I'll mail a copy when I get a moment.

Anyway, so do we now have all 3 parts to this monumental Tecumseh DYI hop up?
Lets see parts 2 and 3 up in here.

Imagine...making a Tecumseh even better! Christ, this guy Jim Gilbert is some kind of God.

markus

Imagine...making a Tecumseh even better! Christ, this guy Jim Gilbert is some kind of God.
Jim Gilbert was just the writer, Ron stwart was the man......If that article was a little more ledgible you would see that :laugh:

If it comes out cleaner via file/jpg or something like that send it over and I can crop and move etc.. to get the pages together, but I can only make out every few words on what I am seeing above...even opening the photo in another window.

Mdetro4660@aol.com